Skip to main content

recalling MEMORIES

Had dinner last night with Kym, Selene and C at PEOPLE'S PALACE in Greenbelt 3. When I got there I was impressed because the interior was so simple yet very elegant looking. The food was DELISH, I love Thai food (although my tolerance for spiciness is super low) I loved what we ate. I loved all the dishes we ordered! Yummy Yummy Yummy!! I want to go back soon!!! (*hint*hint) haha!! Thanks Kym!! It was a wonderful suggestion... (Here I am craving for more!! Hahaha...)

After dinner we then went to M Cafe to get dessert, C was raving about the 'Jackfruit Cake' so we were convinced to give it a try. And it was MASRAP!! I'm not a fan of 'Langka' or 'Jackfruit' but the taste was so mild na super bagay for a sansrival! Tsalap tsalap din.

While munching on the dessert we got to talk. C asked Kym 'What's music to you'. I was a bit confused on what he meant by the question. It was when he explained thoroughly - that I understood what he meant and take note.. I WAS AMAZED AT THE BRILLIANCE OF THE ANALOGY.

This is what C said (not verbatim ah)
For Selene she recalls her memories through her photo albums, pictures are there to summarize her memories. Each picture is significant because it embodies a certain memory. But for C, Selene's photo album is his iPod/Music. For every music/song that he has - attached is a certain memory. Not just one memory - but a whole string of events and details. I was amazed when I heard him explain - it was like - 'ang galing!' I didn't think of it that way!! He said that whenever he hears a particular song - he'll recall what he did, who he was with, where he was, and what 'era'(-it sounds so old! haha) it represented - it even takes him at that certain point in his life!! Imaginative huh?! Well, galing right??!! Just like the BSB Concert we went to last Friday - He said that it was represensative of a part of his life.. He's not that particular of the BSB, but of their songs - because the songs have memories attached with them.

Thinking about what he said - I thought to myself - whenever I hear any BSB song - I'll forever associate it with Selene and C - I guess because they went with me - I enjoyed it soooooo much (till now, I swear C and Selene - I HAVEN'T THANKED YOU GUYS ENOUGH!! I STILL OWE YOU BIG TIME!! - walang katapusan!!)

But seriously - songs/music represent a certain part of our lives - memories of certain events, person, life-changing moment and more. Now that he's explained what music meant to him - parang ganyan din ata ako - but not so much - since, when I got back from Beijing - I wasn't updated na with what's new and what's hot. Hahaha!! I was like trapped in a certain era hindi na umusbong pa. Stagnant nalang.

A nice analogy noh? Wala lang - I just did not think about it like that. Ang galing!! Haha...

Have a nice weekend everyone!! :)

**Don't forget to drink the daily recommended 8 glassed of water a day! (Hence, http://icandybottles.blogspot.com/ )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w