Skip to main content

Coron temptations..

I've never been a beach person, NEVER, and that stands till now, but don't take me wrong, I don't hate or dislike beaches, in fact I appreciate and love the scenery and beauty of beaches. I love looking at pictures that showcase pristine waters and white powdery sands, whenever I come across images of clear water white sand beaches - I'm in awe. It takes me some place peaceful - sort of like a 'happy' place for most of us.

While channel surfing about 4 years ago (that long huh?!), I chanced upon a segment of Lakbay TV on Coron, Palawan. I was impressed. I never thought I'd see a place within the Philippines that was as nice as what I saw on TV! Hosts of the TV show were cayaking from island to island. The water beneath them was crystal clear! Imagine seeing the bottom part of the cayak immersed in water??!! I've never seen a place so beautiful and so peaceful! Coron, was said to be the hide-out of Japanese ships during the world war - this was because small islands were situated strategically that made biggers ships have a hard time passing through. It's also said that the reefs of Coron are infested with a lot of treasures because of shipwrecks during the world wars {which makes me wonder - should I be scared or should I be fascinated?!?} I think there's even an island called Skeleton Island. It's supposed to be 'the' perfect dive site for divers. But since I'm not a diver - I'll settle for the scenery and historical value.

Since then, I've been toying with the idea of visiting Coron, but as usual - no one has ever heard of this magnificent place before. And whenever I bring up the topic, those around me look at me and have expressions of 'WTF is she talking about?' Hence, Coron will always be a 'dream' destination and nothing more.

But a few weeks ago(acutally a month to be exact), my good friend Alch called me on my mobile and told me if I'm game to join them if they arrange of a Palawan trip this summer since April 28-May 1 is going to be a long weekend. I initially asked where she was planning to go and when she replied 'Coron, Palawan' - it was music to my ears! I was already sold on the plan and super psyched to go, thus began my making benta Coron to my friends - to Kath and May May initially, and eventually to Belle, Lyn, Ian, Berly and my panget. Lyn and Ian immediately told me they were game to go - so that's already 2 down. Kath reasoned that since it was her birthday - she needed to stay behind as for May May - she will still be in Singapore - studying. So out of the 7 only 2 confirmed. My panget kasi has this atittude that he'd decide on the last minute {thank gawd for him winning the Kodak Camera - I was replied with a definite ' OO NA, SASAMA NA!} As for Berly - she had plans already and Belle, well - she's still running about Hong Kong and will be back 1st week of April - she'll decide when she comes back. I hope she gets to decide on time though.

Anyways - here's a glimpse of what's in store for us for this trip. To those who I've invited and who are still UNDECIDED - I hope the link will make you decided ASAP!! Hehehe..

Coron, Palawan

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w