Skip to main content

A Golf blister...

Remember when you golf shoes still had metal spikes? Well, that's how long it's been since I last held a 7 iron! And just last night at the Top Flyt driving range in Quezon City, I did not just hold one - but hit a bucket of golf balls - with the chidding, pushing, cheering on of my Panget and my tee-boy Myke (naks...)

Even though its been years, I still remembered the grip, the stance and the swing - although not the correct stance, grip, back swing and etc., but at least somehow - I knew and remembered a little of it. Everyone will agree that I hate the feeling of being sweaty (ma-pawisan) I hate it so much that I purposely do not engage in sports (it's as if I'm a fan of any sport - I just watch them on TV or on the court) but for golf (driving range and badminton) I was willing to sweat it out.

I remember vividly, during my first summer learning golf, I sustained a tennis elbow injury - that was during 1997 (I think) because the glof club I used was too heavy for me - thus - hitting a few balls became sort of a torture for me, but then again, I enjoyed it. The following summer, I sustained a sprained wrist - due to having the wrong grip! After a while, I was able to correct my grip thus - no more pain - but unfortunately - I never played ever again -until last night that is.

It's funny to know that I have my own golf set (take note!! ako lang sa buong pamilya ko ang eron!) My mom bought me a golf set with a matching color golf bag - a pair of Footjoy golf shoes that matches the design of the golf bag, and a long sleeved turtle neck golf shirt that is the same design as the golf bag!! Everything was matching - para raw maganda. Fine - it looked cute, it still looks cute! I still am proud of it up to now.

Since my Panget and I got together, I've been telling his younger sister that I need the metal spikes of my golf shoes t be replaced - until now, it hasn't been replaced! I keep forgetting to give my golf shoes to her! I have a feeling that it's quite brittle already - but it still there! :) (Damn, how much will I shell out for a pair of decent golf shoes?! Argh....) I just realized - this is an expensive sport! Dammit!! I need to get gloves for my left hand - as I sustained (grabe ba?!) a blister on my left thumb.. :( huhuhu...

P.S. I'm still looking for my 7 iron! I can't seem to find it! Help!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w