Skip to main content

My mom's loot..

Ever watched that episode of Friends where Chandler and Ross went to a Bed and Breakfast in Vermont? Then to make things even - Ross teaches Chandler to take what is just from the hotel? Well, I hate to admit it but I'm kinda one of those people.

Since we all pay good money for our hotels - it is just but right that we get items such as complimentary shampoos & conditioners, toothbrushes and paste, cotton buds, tissues, tea bag, fruits, and the like.

My mom has this thing for tissues. She loved them! She would get a box or two and keep it to herself! And last night - well, you can say that this was the first time it has happened.

She came back from Hong Kong - she brought home 3 pieces, 1 is a luggage and 2 were boxes. One of which contained roasted pork, roasted goose and roasted duck - and the other? Well, it was half filled with tissue boxes! Apparently - she got them from the hotel.

No - she did not steal them! They were given to her by the hotel! How? Well, whenever the leaves the hotel - she keeps the entire box of facial tissues in her luggage. In turn - housekeeping refills them every single time! Technically - she did not get them from the pushcarts! Hahaha...

This is one of the reasons why I love it when I travel with my mom. Technicalities of getting even. Hahahaha!! :)

Comments

  1. hahaha tissuenapper ;) **jokes**

    well not all hotels allow you to take the toiletries within your room. some of the hostels i went don't even provide them~!

    KKD...kanya kanyang dala ng toiletries...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dad used to bring home uncooked wontons (the giant ones) from HK...i miss those stuff...

    is it hard to get roast duck/goose in manila?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya janusngo! Really? KKD? Haha! That's tough!

    About the uncooked Wantons - where did he get those? I want them too!! Hahaha.. It's hard to get the HongKong style/taste of goose and roast duck here in Manila. They're either too dry, walang mashadong lasa or too hard!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w