Skip to main content

a Beauty-filled day..

It actually was... :)

I went to meet Tammy Tan to fit the dress I had made for S's wedding - after which - I went to attend Sophie's Beauty and Minerals day!

Beauty & Vanity - they go hand in hand I think... :)

I was actually late for the 2 events. But first things first. The dress I had made turned out so nice! I loved it! There were only minor adjustments and everything else was close to perfect! One complaint though - it seemed as if my front bumpers shrinked! Dang it! But Tammy made suggestions, thanks Tammy!! :) She also had me try on this wrap dress - I first thought that it might not fit me because of the size, but when I wore it! My gosh - it was perfect! I loved it sooooooo much! Even my Panget said it looked great! Thanks Tammy!! I'm such a big fan of hers! She's such a sweetheart!! Arns, if you happen to see this - you're one lucky guy!!

My friend Annie was also there, not to mention my Panget. You see, he's the ever curious - he wanted to see what the dress looked like - and when asked for an opinion - he said 'What do I know?! I'm a guy!?' Tsk... tsk... But good thing he liked it! After the fitting - we headed to Il Pirata for lunch - the food was just alright - I wasn't as impressed - I loved it the first time I tried it. But nevertheless, lunch was great - I enjoyed every minute of it!!

After lunch - I headed to Makati - I had errands to do first and reached Sophie's Beauty and Minerals Day a little after 4 in the afternoon! It was first time to meet Sophie - and only my second EB ever!! Sophie was AMAZING - watching her do make-overs! Wow - can I just say that this girls got talent? I mean T-A-L-E-N-T! I swear she's my Mineral Make-Up guru! It's like watching an artist in action - with just a few strokes - voila! The make-up looks fresh, natural and perfect!! I was very very very impressed!!

When I sat down - the first thing that I noticed was the pots and pots of Mineral Make-Up! The stash was something every girl would die for! Imagine stacks and stacks of Mineral Make-Up pots! It was heaven! I envied Sophie and Tin! Gosh- there were so many! I was literally bowled over with their stash. It was literally a stas!! Here are some pictures:


Look at that stash!!

Beauty & Minerals Day
09/22/2007


I was able to meet a few people though, I'm not sure though if they're from GTalk - but nevertheless - I'm glad I met them! Nice to have met you Princess, Ria, Phoebe, Battarfly, Tin and Toni! Hope to see you at the next Beauty and Minerals Day! :)

Congrats Soph! It was such a success!!

Comments

  1. I'm still dead tired right now but I was so happy! Nakaka-high mag makeup ng tao! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed the event, sayang d tayo nagkatabi! Let's chika sometime! :) Mwah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow look at the makeup!!!! I can only dream of having those... ang dami! Hope you enjoyed the mineral makeup day!

    Btw, I like tammy tan's designs ah. Might look into her gallery soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so sophie is really a makeup guru! sabi ko na nga ba!

    Thea
    http://www.livingtogetherblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie! Galing galing mo talaga!!

    Hello Anonymous! My jaw dropped when I saw the pots&pots of make-up they had! Tammy is really nice - try to contact her if you're planning to get some pieces! :)

    Hi Thea! She is talaga!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. T'was great meeting you in person too! :D Let's go yoga some time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i forgot! i love the "sold out bag" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Phoebe! Tara! Game ako with Yoga!! :) Just tell me when! :)

    Will link you up ah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di. :) It was really nice to finally meet you! Sorry we didn't stay long, tumakas lang kasi ako sa work e. :D hehe

    I have yet to try the bikram.. argh. I've been planning to go for months na! haha

    Hey let's meet up sometime with Sophie and she can give you a one-on-one session at Starbucks Banawe. Right Soph? :)

    - Sheila (battarfly)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila! It was nice meeting you!! :) Tara! Let's go Bikram together!! :)

    Game ako sa one-on-one session! Hahah.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w