Skip to main content

American Idol 7 - Girl's Night

Borrowed from the American Idol Website

It's the ladies' turn to wow us... Did they? Here's what I think

Kristy Lee Cook
Since she was the first one - it was obvious that she was nervous. I couldn't feel the song - seems like she couldn't give out the proper expression. I know she has a good voice but it didn't show much with the song.

Joanne Borgella
I love this song - but I didn't think it suited her. There were a lot of pitch problems (IMO) but hey - what do I know right?

Alaina Whitaker
This is what I'm talking about!! I can't believe she's just 16!! Her voice reminds me of Carrie Underwood's! (who's dating Chace Crawford aka Nate of Gossip Girl) I love love love this song! Soooooo cute! Nice job! I think of the first 3 - this is the best so far!!

Amanda Overmyer
Firstly - I like her - but her performance - I couldn't understand what she was saying!! It seemed like she was mumbling - maybe because I wasn't familiar with the song. But in fairness - she did make it sound like a rock song. I like the musky-ness of her voice - and she's different!

Amy Davis
It was a bad start and continued on.. A lot of pitch problems (IMO - again) But man, she does look really really good! I mean compared to the Top 24 announcement - she looked really haggard!

Brooke White
Her performance was too sweet for me. She needs to learn how to work the camera - she's pretty so she can romance the camera. I like her voice though - good thing - in the chorus - she was able to save the song! :)

Alexandrea Lushington
Great voice! I must say - I didn't see that coming, I really didn't!

Kady Maloy
She had a wonderful start - very good voice! I agree with Randy that she lost it midway. Wonderful voice though!

I think Simon is getting restless because so far - no one has performed to impress.

Asia'h Epperson
Loved her performance. I have no complaints! Love her voice - love the song. So far, one of the best.

Ramiele Malubay
I'm going to be biased on this one - since she's Pinay - i LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a great voice!! Loved everything about her performance! I have this theory - put a Pinoy/Pinay singer on the competition - for sure they'll go far.
Let's go Ramiele!! Confidence up!! Yehaaaaa!!

Syesha Mercado
Good perfomance I think it was a little better than Ramiele's but I still like Ramiele better! Hehehe...

Carly Smithson
I think she didn't do her best. It was just a so-so performance. Not the best - I think she might have sang below par. She was really good during the auditions. *Sad*

I get the feeling that this batch is kinda laid back or rather got too lax in performing. It seemed like it got into their heads that they're part of the Top 24 so they're slacking off. I think they're forgetting that they're fighting for the Top 6 positions (Girls and Boys).. Tsk.. Tsk.. It's crucial for them - they will need to do better next week! That is for those who won't get booted out! It's going to be 'bye, bye' for 2 guys and 2 girls!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w