Skip to main content

Questionable officiating..

Image borrowed from THIS site

Worst officiating EVER!!

I never realized that there was a campaign with Ateneo winning this year- but man, officiating was really bad! Really really really beyond bad!!

For the record let me say that - I believe that Ateneo deserves to win the championship mainly because they played really great this whole season. They were consistent and every member of the team helped win the games - there was a team effort. Hats off to Chris Tiu, Rabeh, Eric Salamat, Buenafe and Jai Reyes - these guys are really really really good.

But to win because of bad officiating? That's a different story.

I for one am a die-hard DLSU fan. Call me bitter, a sore-loser or whatever - I don't care! I surmised the game wasn't played fair. Not at all. There were dubious calls - calls that were made during the crucial moments, when it mattered the most. It mattered the most because it destroyed the momentum. The refs literally killed La Salle's momentum the whole game!! WTF?!

This year - I've noticed that the refs call unecessary fouls to make the lead bigger. Try and watch the first Ateneo-La Salle meet this year - when the lead closes down to 2-3 points - fouls are called from everywhere, just to make the lead more than 6 points. Isn't that suspicious? Tsk.. Tsk.. Tsk..

I won't tolerate flagrant fouls, taunting and trash talking. I admit, our players do them sometimes - but please admit that your players do them too! They act as if they're above all those trash talking.. The Rico-dirty finger incident - that was such a low blow! Everybody knows that for every action - there's a reaction, and by giving the dirty finger - Rico was just reacting to something a blue shirt player was saying - it's a good thing he didn't retort by saying something harsh - instead he just raised his middle finger! I believe that the refs should punish the 2 guys and not just 1 of them! Unfair. Apparently - it wasn't a dirty finger - it was a pointer finger - asking Jvee to come to towards him to get the rebound. Silly silly silly (beyond) silly call.. Tsk.. Tsk..

There was a foul called on our point-guard who was guarding Chris Tiu. I saw with my own eyes that Christ Tiu was the FIRST to give a foul - but was he called? Nope - our player was instead given a foul! Our player didn't even react at all!

Tsk.. Tsk.. Tsk..

In my years of watching DLSU games (season and championship games) never have I seen Mrs. Pumaren react so angrily to any calls of the ref. But this time - she was mad as hell! From her side - she ran infront of me and yelled 'Luto!' because indeed the calls were ridiculous! I admit, there were good calls - fouls were indeed made by our boys - but please, don't be blinded by the blue shirts - saint-like expressions on their faces.. Be fair!!

But on a lighter note - our boys tried their best. They were able to down the lead by 3. Great job boys!! Keep the faith, we're all here to support you again next year!! Animo La Salle!! :)

Let me make it clear - I am NOT angry at Ateneo for winning - I believe they deserve to win. I am reacting negatively to the officiating. Officiating and NOT Ateneo.

But in fairness: Chris Tiu = miracle worker!! It seemed like everytime he threw the ball - it goes in the basket - for sure. Hahaha!! :) Baclao = what a great blocker! Salamat & Reyes - I wish I can shoot baskets like you guys do!! Rabeh = deserves his MVP award every bit.

On a lighter note: I found it really sweet and touching to see Sharma cheer as his brother received his MVP award. He was smiling from ear to ear! I can feel the love (seriously)!! I couldn't help but smile when I saw how happy he was that his brother got the MVP award. It was also funny that he was seated beside Ateneo alum Magnun Membrere!!

I hope that off the court - all these players are friends.. (Like TY Tang and Christ Tiu)

BTW - I cheered my heart out! Shouted at the top of my lungs and clapped like there's no tomorrow. The result? A broken but healing heart, sore throat and very sore palms.

BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!

Animo La Salle! :)

Comments

  1. ANIMO LA SALLE! :) the bf was so sad when he got here. he wasn't able to watch(due to class) and sadder coz we lost.. :( i offered him a back massage instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Shen! I'm still upset - but, oh well! thanks for dropping by dearie! :) See you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. man that was a bad game... ateneo deserved to win, but not that way...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w