Skip to main content

Wedding supplier ratings!!

My first official post after the wedding! I am sharing with you my suppliers - as I loved working with all of them! They made my wedding day super memorable and fun!

Coordinator: CAROLINE SEVILLA

10/10
I have to say that indeed - I got the BEST suppliers! Carol is one of them. We jive so well together - we're both OC and that explains everything!! I've been told that she's masungit, but she was NEVER masungit to me nor my guests. My mom loved her organization. I left everything to her and I'm happy to say that my wedding went on smoothly. I highly recommend her to Chinese brides as she knows certain customs that we modern brides don't

Photographer: PAT DY
10/10
It was love at first sight. When I first saw Pat Dy's website - I knew I had to have him as my wedding photographer. There was no questions and no other option except for Pat. Luckily - I was able to work with him, which made me all the more confident on my decision to get him. Pat Dy was one of the two non-negotiables that I had for the wedding. Pat was very easy to work with, he was very pleasant and game. His team was also exceptional and professional! My husband and I are very very happy with Pat. He made us feel super comfy while doing art shots, and it showed on the pictures!!

Videographer: THREELOGY
10/10
Unfortunately - CJ, was sick - but Bong and the team made everyone laugh as if CJ were present! I just have to say that Bong is HILARIOUS! He made me laugh and smile so many times with his witty hirits!! He was also super subtle in taking videos of me and my family!! I was shocked at times to find his camera super near me, when I had to inkling that he was actually there!!! :) Bong had this one task though - to find us a nice on-site song, you see - my husband and I never came up with a song, and so I told the team that they had the freehand to choose - but my husband had to approve it first! And at the last minute - we decided on 'Yellow' by another artist, and it was just perfect!! :)

Hair&Make-Up: JESY ALTO & RAYMOND KO
10/10
Jesy is the ONLY make-up artist that made me up that my mom had NO complaints whatsoever. It happened three years ago and when I was picking my HMU, I immediately thought of her. Her partner Raymond is such a sweetheart and my mom loves him too! They're both super great! Jesy stayed on until before the reception for my touch-ups (for my mom and MOH as well!) She was super attentive and helpful! Another kudos to Jesy and Raymond, as my mom is super pihikan and hard to please but by sheer talent and patience, both Jesy and Raymond were able to make my mom happy and delighted with her hair and make-up!!!!!!!!!

Bouquets and Reception Florist: ZENAS PINEDA
10/10
I love Zenas, as she took care of me from Day 1. She knew what I wanted without much explaining. He execution was perfect!! I gave her the freehand in picking the flowers and the design, all that I asked of her was to refrain from using white, pink and blue flowers! hahaha.. I honestly had no idea on what my bouquet would look like - but when I saw it - it was EXACTLY what I wanted!! She did everything PERFECTLY!! Zenas is truly talented! Also, she's such a sweetheart! I love talking to her and hearing her ideas! She indeed knows how to please her clients!!

Church Florist: SUNNY FLORIST/MR. REY ASUNCION
10/10
He was so easy to talk to and I was impressed with the quality of flowers even if the price was only 8K!! He even gave me an upgrade saying that it was a wedding gift to me!! He's such a sweetheart! No frills and no problems with him at all. The simplicity of his arrangement brought out the elegance of the Church even more!!

Cake maker: THE PASTRY STUDIO
10/10
My husband's SIL executed the cake very well! I wanted a simple cake and she did it perfectly! It was exactly what I wanted! The cake tasted super great too!! I highly recommend them!! :)

Stationary: AMIS PRINT
10/10
Amis print amazed me first with their pricing. They impressed me more when they delivered my invites 4 days after approving the final draft! Isn't that the best?! They were affordable and punctual!!

Bridal Gown & Female Adult Entourage Gowns: CESAR GAUPO
10/10
They say that when you first meet, you'll immediately know if there's a click factor. And I found with with Cesar Gaupo. Even if I had to see/meet him thrice before he made me a sketch - it was all worth it! He executed an idea I never knew how to, perfectly! He listened to my concerns at first and when he finally showed me the sketch - it was EXACTLY what I wanted!! Cesar is such a darling to work with, he's very pleasant and warm!

Groom's Suit: IVARLUSKI ASERON
10/10
My husband loved the suit! Even if he had to come back thrice to fit the suit! It was fairly prices and the workmanship is great! Ivar impressed me and my husband with his execution! He also came highly recommended by Cesar Gaupo.

Kids dresses: TAMMY TAN
10/10
Since Tammy is a friend, there was no awkwardness. I told her what I wanted and she executed the idea very well. I am very very very happy with my kids' outfits! Imagine, I have 6 flower girls and 6 bearers! My flower girls wore really cute dresses! It was my mom's idea to make the dresses in cream color and have the belts in tune with my motif. The outfits were so cute and matched my female entourage!! Another thing that I like about Tammy is that - she works fast!!

Band (Church & Reception): SOUND SALAD
10/10
Firstly because they played my chosen Tagalog songs while in Church! Secondly because they say the songs my husband picked very well! My guests enjoyed the band and I think - that set the tone of the whole reception.

Host: BEN SANTOS
7/10
I never imagined ever hearing a sarcastic host. I always thought that a host was supposed to be jolly and not sarcastic. I mean, Ben is nice and we jive well together, but I never expected him to sound sarcastic at times! He was given the program, and we ran through it - but somehow he still made mistakes with the flow of the program and with the names (even if we practiced it during the last meeting)

Lights & Sounds: MR. RENE GABRIEL
10/10
Rene is soo easy to work with! We met twice and that was it! The sounds and lighting was very nice - I had no problems with him at all! Another plus point is that - Zenas has worked with him a lot of times already - thus, asking for this and that was simple and was given without complaints.

Photobooth: THE SNAPARAZZI COMPANY
10/10
All of my guests were going gaga of the photobooth!! Sandro and his team did a very good job!! :) Everyone was happy with the output, unfortunately - my husband and I never got to have out pics taken individually. Hahaha!!! We only had 2 shots with friends out of the 280+ photos takes! Hahaha...

Church: SANTUARIO DE SAN ANTONIO
10/10
I've heard so many negative comments on Susan - but she's not even an inch masungit! I was never terrorized by her but instead she's always been very smiley and accommodating to me!!

Reception: SOFITEL GRAND BALLROOM
10/10 - Banquet
5/10 - Front Desk Service
I am very happy with the quality of service the banquet people gave us on the wedding day. The waiters were very attentive and helpful! They were all so nice and pleasant! The only problem I had with Sofitel was the front desk service and Spiral service! It was so awful! Imagine - I booked my wedding 7 months before the actual date, yet I was given a small suite - to my luck, the room reeked of the smell of cigarettes! And it was on a lower floor! How was I supposed to stay in a suite that smelled that way - considering all the gowns/dresses will be stored there?! I had to wait at least an hour to get a suitable room! The reason that they gave me was that the room was reserved late. Now, how did that happen right? Good thing my AE (Vigie Salvador) was able to get me a better room despite the high occupancy! The room I got was better and more accessible! Thank goodness!! About Spiral - well, the refused to sit us near the buffet table - considering it was a Monday and that it wasn't full (15% only) they gave us funny reasons saying that the table has been reserved for lunch - imagine, we were there at 930am and the reservation was at 12noon!! I don't think we'd be spending that much time eating right? And when they eventually gave in - the waitress was asking us repeatedly if we were done eating!! WTF diba?!

In case you need the contact details of any of my suppliers - email me!

Comments

  1. i can't wait til i see the pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Congratulations and super duper best wishes!!!

    Marriage is hard but it's the best thing I've ever done. And the joy knows no bounds. I'm so happy for you!

    P.S. Judging on your list of supliers, ang mahal ng wedding mo! =D Post pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. waah! Congratualations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shen - I posted some (as in some talaga!) pics na..

    @Frances - Thanks dearie!! :) Hehehe.. I'm looking forward to the joys that knows no bounds! hahaha.. Hindi siya mahal, it was reasonable, was able to get reasonable suppliers!

    @Bong - Thanks shots! See you soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey i like your article so much it is very intersting. congratulation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the heart warming comments about Sunny Florist - Rey Asuncion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat was very easy to work with, he was very pleasant and game. His team was also exceptional and professional! My husband and I are very very happy with Pat. He made us feel super comfy while doing art shots, and it showed on the pictures!! best place to buy Bridal ring Sets

    ReplyDelete
  8. My guests enjoyed the band and I think - that set the tone of the whole reception. How would you choose your couple rings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w