Skip to main content

Polish Sausage anyone?

Whenever I think of the US of A, I always think of shopping.  And when I think of shopping, supermarket shopping comes in mind immediately, as this is my favorite. 

I associate supermarket shopping with shopping around Costco.  I know, it's not entirely a supermarket, but what the heck - most of their goods are supermarket-y anyways.

Trips to Costco will always end with buying a number of Polish hotdogs/sausages on buns, large sodas and pizzas!  This has got to be m favorite part!  Yes, I admit it, I enjoy eating rather than going shopping!  And so whenever my mom would go to Costco, I'd tag along just because I wanted to eat those Polish sausage/hotdogs.

Its been almost a decade since I last visited the US of A.  And since my last visit, I haven't had any decent Polish Sausage/Hotdog.  My mom and I have been searching and searching for that Polish Sausage/Hotdog that tastes similar to the ones they had in Costco, but our search left us empty-handed.  The ones that we've tried were not the same, some were even - not good!

My friend Selene has been raving about a certain brand of hotdogs that she bought.  She has told me and my Panget a couple of times that its what she has for dinner when she's too lazy to cook.  My Panget would always give me a look that said 'Don't serve me hotdogs for dinner!' and I never did.  So last Sunday, my Panget and I had dinner at Selene's and she served us steak!!  She then asked the helper to heat some hotdogs for us to try.  My Panget gave me that look once more.


The hotdogs/sausages looked normal, the smell was also - normal!  But when we tried them.. OH MY GOSH.. it was soooo good!!  Tasted heavenly!  I instantly remembered and reminisced the Costco Polish hotdog/sausages!!!

You can say that it was LOVE at first bite, literally.

These doggies tastes so good!  But tasting good comes with a price because these babies cost P300.00+ a pack (6 doggies in a pack), but seriously - they're really really good.

These doggies come in different flavors.  The only ones I've tasted are the:
Hot Links - my gosh, it HOT! I mean really hot..
Beddar Cheddar - the cheese-dog in the family!!  Yummy!

Comments

  1. my family and i love good hotdogs and sausages especially from the US!:-) where did you buy them?:-) have you also found good imported beef franks too?thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you get them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those sausages are winking at me; particularly now that we're almost pork-deprived! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w