Skip to main content

Happy Lemon & Paradis Ice Cream Shop

Happy Lemon
Promenade, Greenhills

Last Saturday after sumptuous dinner at Choi Garden with my Panget's maternal side, I convinced him to drive me to Happy Lemon at Promenade!  I wanted to try Happy Lemon's drink with the cheese and rock salt.  You see, I've been reading about this drink from The Club and I got really curious.


Happy Lemon is located where the Fully Booked's graphic novel section was before - on the ground floor of Promenade, right beside Starbucks.  The place was packed when I got there - the tables inside and outside were all filled, this made me think that the waiting time is long.  That's why when I entered, I immediately asked the cashier if my order will take long - she smiled and replied that it'll take less than three (3) minutes.  I think - that waiting time is good enough!  I got their rock salt and cheese bestseller - the green tea!


And so I waited, and indeed in less than 3 minutes - my order was done!  The person who took my order asked if I knew how to drink the tea - I said no so she instructed me how to drink, she said for me to make short sips and not stir as much as possible.  And that's what I did.  The taste was actually weird - but yummy weird, as my friend Kathrina described it - it was savory!  It wasn't the normal milk tea drink that I am used to, but it was a good change.  I wonder tuloy how their milk teas are..  Maybe on my next visit!


Paradis Ice Cream Shop
Tomas Morato, QC

My BIL discovered a new ice cream shop along Tomas Morato, he didn’t even know the name of the store, he just mentioned that it was on the same side as UCC and it was a building or two right after. So after a pedi session, my Panget and I headed to that direction – not knowing where exactly the ice cream shop was located nor the name of the store.



My Panget and I then saw a signage that said Paradis Ice Cream Shop, we had a feeling this was it because it fit the description my BIL was saying. The shop was fairly new – it had the sign soft opening on their front door. And when we entered, the place was fairly new – it seemed like the interior was hastily done.


We were greeted by smiley staff members – I then asked what their products were and was told that they serve gelato – a healthy kind of gelato because the ingredients were fresh and all natural. They had gelato flavors such ash Beet Carrot, Green Mango, Chocolate with Saffron, and etc. What intrigued me the most was their Yolive – this was the healthy yogurt with a twist. Yogurt that has – olive oil. Can you believe it? Yes, it has an olive oil flavor to it. And since I love the taste of olive oil, I indulged the free sample they gave me. The yogurt tasted fantastic – it really had a hint of olive oil. My Panget didn’t like it – so did my BIL and MIL! They found the taste weird, but I LOVED it! Call me weird but I enjoy tasting olive oil in the yogurt. I do not know how they combined it BUT for me, it tasted great – the combination was wonderful. As for the gelatos my FIL found them too sweet, I didn’t get to taste the gelatos because I was enjoying my Yolive too much!!


Here’s my neice enjoying her Yolive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w