Skip to main content

GMA-7's Food from the Heart

Let me be honest, when I was invited to this food event I had no expectations whatsoever.  Well, I guess there was one - that it was about food.  Hahaha!!  Kidding aside, I honestly had no clue what it was all about.   So when I got there, I was quite confused.  There were fellow bloggers and then there were artistas!  I instantly recognized Bettina Carlos and Chynna Ortaleza.

What welcomed me were boxes of cupcakes, pastries and savory dishes.  In delight, I asked who made the goodies and was surprised to learn that these artistas made them - ALL!  Wow!  So one by one, Fel pointed to me who did what - and I must say, I admire these actresses for being able to bake that much goodies despite their busy schedule!


I sat down beside a handsome fellow.  My first thought was 'Uy! Gwapo ha..'  I initially thought he was a blogger, I was telling myself - 'such a handsome blogger naman!'  Then when we got to talking, I learned that he was Ben Alves.  It then occurred to me that he is a relative of Papa P! :)  hahaha..  Yes, I was so into Pinoy showbiz then.


Ryza Cenon (who looked super different by the way!) served us with a savory dish - which I really really liked.  Her lasagna was really good, it wasn't the usual lasagna for the Pinoy taste, I liked it because it was a bit sour, a good tomato sour.  I liked her mini pizza, plus her wings was also good! :)  It was so good that I had to bring home another serving!  Hahaha.. :)  By the way, she baked most of the goodies!  I was majorly amazed that she was able to make boxes and boxes of cupcakes!

Bettina's Samplers

Above are the samplers of Bettina's creations.  Her products are available in Moonleaf Tea shops and Rain Tree Blends along White Plains.  These were really good.  I brought home some and my Panget loved them all!  You may contact her for orders at 0917-861BITE(2483).

So this was why the event was called Food from the Heart - heart is puso in Tagalog.  I appreciated very much the effort of these actresses and I admire them for still having the time to create these magnificent goodies!  Despite them being busy - and having a full blown career, I failed to realize that they're normal people too!  They like and enjoy food, they bake goodies and share them too!

Ryza's Lasagna (my FAVORITE!)

Chynna's personalized tags!
I can't believe she wrote them all!!

Thank you GMA Network for this opportunity to sample the goodies and meet the celebrities behind them.  Ryza, your lasagna is my personal favorite! :)  Hahaha.. :)

Visit the star's IG accounts: 
@abettinacarlos
@iamryzacenon
@chynsortaleza
@benjaminalves

Follow them on Twitter 
@abettinnacarlos
@iamryzacenon
@ChynsOrtaleza
@benjaminalves

Photos by me and from GMA Network

Comments

  1. Hi Gladys! They were impressively good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that lasagna looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks indeed amazing! Thank you very much for updating the post! I think that the article provided by you contains a lot of interesting things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w