Skip to main content

Osaka Diaries: Osaka Ohsho

I first learned of Osaka Ohsho in my IG feeds.  Blogger friends have been posting here and there images and reviews of the restaurant.  So one weekend when my Panget and I visited Mega's new Fashion wing, I pointed the place out to him.  But we opted to eat somewhere else because we were going to Osaka - we decided that if we wanted to eat at that particular restaurant, we should then eat at the original place where it came from.

I honestly did not look for Osaka Ohsho while we were in Osaka for a week.  It wasn't on my list of places to go, because at the back of my mind - there was a branch in Manila (Yes, baliktad nanaman ang isip!)  But on our last night, we were already tired and didn't want to queue in a restaurant.  So we decided to just order take away and have them all in the hotel - Fraser Residences.  Our hotel is a serviced apartment - and since were two families, we opted to go for the 2Bedroom Suite - and that meant we had a living area, dining area, a small working kitchen.

We were actually rushing around, the kids were getting restless and so we just ordered randomly.  What was important was to be able to order rice or ramen.  I was in charge of looking for a place to order and so I was running around the street asking here and there if they were offering 'take-away' meals.  And majority of the restaurants and stalls I went to, well - the shooed me away because they didn't offer any take-away meals.  One restaurant particularly stood out because it had an English sign that said 'Take Away Only'  So I immediately queued up, I didn't know what food they offered, what was important was that they had take away.  I had to queue for a good 5 minutes before it was my turn.  So while in queue - my Panget approached me, I told him to look for the restaurant where there are large gyozas on the signage - because I remember reading that it was that particular signage that will make you find Osaka Ohsho immediately.  He was looking around and saying he didn't see any 3D gyoza signage.  And then when I looked up - there it was!  The giant 3d gyozas above!  Hahaha!  I was led to Osaka Ohsho.  It was only when I got to the counter that I learned that, that particular place was Osaka Ohsho.  I guess, it was meant to be!



So I placed an order of 4 of the 6 pieces Gyoza.  The server looked at me dumbfounded, he asked me again to confirm.  I actually had to count to him that it was correct - that I was ordering 24 pieces of gyozas!  He was shaking his head when he heard me.  He had to go out of the booth to point to me the picture of the 6 pieces and then hand signaling 4 with his fingers.  I said YES!  He was in disbelief I guess!  Next, I asked if they sold rice, and he said yes - so immediately, I said to order 3 bowls.  That part was easy.  And then when it came to paying - well, he was still shaking his head!  Hahaha..  After paying, we had to wait.  I was given a number, he said they will call that number so I can claim the take away.  I gave it to my friend Selene because as you know my Panget, having gyozas only for dinner is a not a dinner, he needs to have more than one viand.  So together with my Panget, we walked and searched for a place that had take away ramen but that's another blog post.  Hahaha!!


My goddaughter LOVED the gyozas so much!  I think she ate almost half of the total order!  Yes, she was a gyoza monster (while Kailee is a ramen/noodle & ketchup monster)  I was also in disbelief when I saw her eat them all!  I apologize for not taking pictures of the gyozas, well - the kids were super hungry already.  But they were very good.

Plus points to them because they had take away rice.

Good job Osaka Ohsho!

Comments

  1. Cute ng 3D signage. I wonder how the taste compares to the Osaka Ohsho here in Manila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried it here Ro?
    My goddaughter said na mas masarap daw sa Osaka kesa dito.
    (pero expected ko na yun!)

    I'll try it one time.. :)
    Glamorous ang interiours here eh!!

    Love, Didi

    ReplyDelete
  3. No di ko pa na try sa Japan dito lang hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w