Skip to main content

Tapella Signature Sangrias and Tapas!

Sangria - what comes to mind is the commercial of a Sangria that was sold in the late 80's or early 90's.  I assumed that it was a drink for ladies because of the commercial that showed women dancing flamenco.  Any of you remember that commercial or brand?

Later on I learned that Sangria is an alcoholic drink that contains fruits!  Fruits with alcohol - that seems to be a good combination, right?  And it is a wonderful combination.

A few weeks ago, I was invited to try Tapella's signature Sangrias and new Tapas!  We were hosted by the lovely Alexandra and were treated to a lovely sampling.

Presenting the newest offerings from Tapella!!

Cuchara de Erizo de Mar (Uni Spoons)
To be honest, this was my FIRST ever uni - in my life.  I do not know how to eat sushi/sashimis - it's not that I dislike them, its that I never learned to eat them.  I was so nervous to try my first ever uni, but gosh.  This first uni was so good.  The texture was slimy, but I didn't taste fishy (malansa) but was very smooth.  I think the cut up fresh tomatoes helped in the flavor.  I liked it instantly.  I was secretly hoping that I won't dislike it, and I was so happy it didn't disappoint!



Sandia Con Tomate
These are the MOST refreshing things ever!  The watermelon was so sweet because of the pinch of Maldon salt and the tomatoe roe gave it more texture!




Boquerones Caballa Al Vinagre Pintxo
This was the first dish that I tried.  I was very anxious because I had the impression that mackarel tasted fishy (malansa).  I had tried grilled mackarel before and did not like it.  But this particular dish, was nothing like what I ate before.  The mackarel tasted really fresh and was perfect with the texture of the toast.



Huevos Rotos Vieras Salteadas Y Camarones
I found this dish really interesting because it has a sunny side up egg in it!  You would be a bit confused when you see it because - there are shrimps and scallops!  I mean, what is the egg for?  But when you take a bite of this - its simply AMAZING!  I think this is my favorite dish because of how playful it was and the flavor - wow!  Individually, we already know that they're good - but together, its a whole different thing!



Pintxo Trio
Who doesn't love jamon serrano?  Who doesn't love smoked salmon?  Who doesn't love mini  Morrocan burger?  Everything about this dish is simply love.  This is the safest choice for those who are not adventurous and it doesn't disappoint.  Maybe the only thing that is disappointing is that, you'd want more!!  Hahaha...



Scallops Dos Quesos
Manchego cheese...  That alone was so inviting!  This was such a delight to eat!  Scallops and cheese - what can go wrong with that combination?  I don't need to say anything, just look at that dish.  Now, aren't you salivating already??



The Rico J.
Yes, it is named after the famous Rico J Puno because he's always at Tapella!  Since he has always requested for a stronger sangria - they created this with him in mind - thus, his namesake.  Funny fact, my Panget proposed to me while we were watching a Rico J concert on the boob tube in Sagada!



The Don Roberto
This is my favorite sangria because of the assortment of fruits!  I saw a slice of strawberry and instantly liked it!  Sorry, I'm biased, hahaha!  But seriously, this is the sangria that I liked the most.  I loved the taste, it was just perfect for me.



The Ronin Lychee Sangria
By the word Ronin alone, you'd think something Japanese, and you're right!  This white sangria is infused with Sake!  This is a Eurasian creation that will refresh you with a hint and sweetness of the lychee.


This lovely sampling was made more special with old friends and new friends.  Tapella has indoor and outdoor dining spaces.  Come by and try out their restaurant!

Cheers, Tapella!


Tapella 
Greenbelt 5
Makati

Comments

  1. Drooling over here! Everything looks good especially the Scallops Dos Quesos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scallops were HEAVEN!! :)
      Please do visit Tapella to try it!!

      Love, Didi

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w