Skip to main content

Livestock: A Piggy Experience

I first learned about Livestock through blogger friends.  It was perfect for us, because the location is really nearby.  At last, I have a new restaurant in my list!

Fast forwards weeks later.  My MIL (Mother In Law) was telling me of this new restaurant of that my FIL (Father In Law's) friend, Uncle Gab that recently opened.  She mentioned that it was near ABS-CBN, I immediately volunteered - Livestock?  And she said yes.  She then began to tell me that this restaurant was put up by Uncle Gab's son and that it was called Livestock because they owned a piggery, the biggest one in Bulacan.



Brilliant right?  Since they owned a piggery, what better way to showcase your product by putting up a restaurant!  I then learned just last Saturday from my MIL that Uncle Gab's son studied culinary arts (where he met his wife) and I thought it was such a perfect combination (that he and his wife put up a restaurant!) the owners can have free hand on the menu!  Also, as it turns out - Uncler Gab's family, well we see each other during Christmas because of my FIL's Tennis group Christmas Party, that I really enjoy attending because of the lechon - the lechon that they donate every year!!  Haha!! Small small tiny world!

I remember being told that Livestock's Crispy Pata is very soft and juicy, that one can use a popsicle stick to put it apart.  I knew that I had to see it for myself.  And so, here's the video:


Melts in your mouth Crispy Pata
It was really soft as you can see on the video above.  The skin was very crispy too!  My Panget liked this more than the Crackling Pork Belly - and I can see why.  The Crispy Pata was juicy and wasn't too fatty.  It was really soft despite being fried perfectly.  Connor and my nephew Mav were so enjoying nibbling on the bones!  The Yayas said too that this dish was very good!



Lechon Tom Yum
I liked this very much, my Panget would have liked it more spicy - but I thought it was great!  I wished though that it would stay warmer?  I don't know if there will be an effect if you put a tea light underneath?  (Heck, what do I know - right?)



Crackling Pork Belly
My MIL liked this dish because of the herb-y lemon grass.  The meat was very tender too and the vinegar sauce added a perfect kick to the flavor.  Once you bite into the skin - crackle crackle crackle!  It was that crispy!  And despite being aired out - it was still crispy and not chewy!



Gab's Fried Chicken
This is really GOOD fried chicken.  I mean, I love fried chicken but this one's really really good.  The seasoning is perfect AND its crispy!  Kailee and Connor ate so much!  Kailee ate 2 pieces and my MIL was so shocked!  It only meant that it was that good - because Kailee's quite picky with chicken.  I tried it too and it was very juicy.  All the Yayas liked this dish too!  It was a very simple dish that was very flavorful - plus, I like that you can order it half or whole - and it comes chopped already!  And may I say - super loved the gravy!  Hahaha..  As you know, I am a gravy person..  I was kidding with my MIL - that she can tell her friend Gab that their fried chicken at home is very good!



Adobo Bagoong Fried Rice
The bagoong was really subtle and I liked that it wasn't too salty.  I confess that since I am a gravy person, I poured the gravy on top of the rice - and it was soooo good!  Hahaha.. 



Salted Egg Fried Rice
The yellow-ness made the difference.  The flavor of the salted egg was there but it wasn't too much, it was just right and it complimented the dishes very well!



Mushroom Duxelle Fish Fillet
My MIL liked this (and the Pork Belly) the best.  The mushroom sauce took the ordinary fried fish fillet a notch higher in terms of taste.  I wish we can order more of the sauce!  Hehehe..

We knew we went a bit overboard with Pork - but since it was a Piggy kind of restaurant, what the heck right?  I think I failed to mention earlier in the post that we ordered an appetizer - and staying true to being a Piggy experience - we got an order of the 3 Kinds Chicharon.  Deadly indeed!  I apologize for the hazy shot!



The place is big if you ask me, the AC is cold, there is parking available and they serve alcoholic drinks (they're a resto bar).  Interiors are nice too - you'll know instantly that it was well thought of.  They also have an al fresco dining area and a second floor that can accommodate 80 people (it can be split into 2 rooms that can accommodate 40 people each).

So, if you're looking for a new place to eat in Quezon City- try Livestock!


Livestock
Sgt. Esquerra Ave.,
(beside Packo's)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w