Skip to main content

Revisiting Green Pastures

We so enjoyed our meal in Green Pastures more than a month ago, that we decided to come back last Sunday.  Here is my previous post on Green Pastures.  We were ready for the wait - we got there at 11am and the place was still empty.  I left my name and funny that the staff remembered it, strange right?  I guess, I am not forgettable and very charming?  Just kidding.  So I told her that we'd like to be listed for the 12noon and she obliged.  But after walking around the mall, my Panget realized that it was nearing 12noon and we walked to Green Pastures.  When the staff saw me, she immediately led the way - we had a table!  Yahoo!!

Ordering was quite a task.  I wanted to get everything on the menu.  I was so confused on what to get that ordering for both me and my Panget took a while.  We got the Autumn Salad, Duck You Fries, Duck Fat Fried Chicken, Porchetta and Fish and Chips.  


This is the Autumn Salad and its also good!
I've noticed before that Green Pastures' salad is neverending - this one is the same!  Even if I ate a LOT of greens already, there seems to be some more in the bowl!  We even had to take home some since we weren't able to finish it!



I had to order the Duck You fries once again because I love love french fries and my kids love it too!
So enjoyed this appetizer, especially the spritzer vinegar!



This is the Porchetta.  Meat on bread - literally.  It was love at first bite.  I so looooooved this dish!
If you like tender meat on bread, then this is the perfect dish for you.  WIth my first bite, I knew that my Panget would love this dish, and so I told him to have it.  But he insisted on waiting for his Fish and Chip - and in the end, we exchanged orders.  This is how much I love my Panget, that despite loving this dish so much - I had to sacrifice, but not after a few bites here and there.  Hahaha!


Here's a closer look on the Porchetta.  Looks very good, right?



This is the Duck Fat Fried Chicken - and it's soooo tender!  Kailee loved this and I liked it too!  It was so very flavorful!  The skin was crispy and the meat was very juicy and oh so very tender!  The bones of the chicken were practically non existent!  Haha.. The magic was in the sauces - the roasted catsup (Kailee loved this and ate it all!) and the honey something (this was marvelous, I can't explain it but you know the taste of something that you don't like but you like?  The type that you know the taste is weird YET you still try it every time?  Ganon!).  Oh my gosh.  I was so bowled over with the combination.  Winner!!



This is the dish that arrived so very very late.  John, who was very nice apologized for this and said that there was something with the kitchen because all of the fish and chips orders were delayed.  Fish and chips for me is a very basic dish that you just get as a back up in case you're undecided on what to eat.  So if you aske me, I don't usually get this - unless I am unimpressed with the restaurant, but my Panget wanted something 'healthy' so he got this.  Since it arrived late - it was freshly cooked.  When my Panget cut a piece - you can still see the steam from the fish meat.  He had to wait for a few seconds to eat it.  But he was too hungry!  So I just gave him my Porchetta.  He then tried the fish and wasn't impressed.  I on the other hand was liking it.  The fish was really good and light, it wasn't the ordinary dory fish that most restaurants serve for their fish and chips.  It tasted really fresh - I was impressed with the body of the fish.  Add the spritzer vinegar and the flavor comes out.  The breading too was lovely as it was very crispy!


We again enjoyed our meal at Green Pastures.  The service was also impeccable - I have to say that service makes a huge huge difference.  Thank you to John - thank you for your wonderful service to us!  Kudos to the staff and crew behind Green Pastures!  You have a fan in me!!

Comments

  1. I miss Green Pastures! One of the best restaurants I have tried this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you!! :)

      Love, Didi

      Delete
  2. The duck fries looked very appetizing. It's what I must order when we get the chance to dine in here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w