Skip to main content

My FRUSTRATION in driving around Manila

Sudden stops because Jeeps take in passengers.
And then again because passengers want to alight.

Overtaking speedy buses.
Buses overtaking all the lanes.






Tricycles, Jeeps, Taxis - counter flowing the roads.

Running the red light.

Blocking an intersection.

Tricycles, Jeeps, Taxis illegally parked on streets.

It can go on and on and on.

I am FRUSTRATED to say the least.  There is no giving way - everyone want to be *lamang* on the road.  And at what cost - MASSIVE TRAFFIC.

Two days ago, I had to bring Kailee to the doctor because she has been itching like crazy.  I assumed that since I left the house at 4:00pm - there would be less traffic.  I was wrong.  I came from QC and I was going to Cardinal Santos in Greenhills.  What usually was just a 30 minute travel became an hour worth of waiting in traffic.  It was a mess!  When I was still in ICA - I don't recall experiencing that much traffic in the area.  It was really, really bad.

This is along Gilmore - see the yellow and white lines?  
Those are the lines that separate the two-way system of the cars.  But as you can see, 
these two cars are there - COUNTER FLOWING.  
I had to take a snapshot.  WHERE IS THE DISCIPLINE IN THAT?  We are all rushing but what makes them extra special to do that?  I wish there is a penalty for doing such.
POLITICAL WILL - I have said that time and again.  No one wants to dirty their hands for election.
Pinoy mentality = DEATH of the soceity.

The other day, I was going to San Juan (again) and I passed Araneta Avenue - it was fast moving.  I was delighted.  But when I crossed Aurora Boulevard and hit the bridge going to N.Domingo - it was terrible!  Jeeps stopping because passengers were alighting in the middle of the road.  Caritons and Tricycles parked on the side road of the bridge - take note, there was a LINE of tricycles.  Was it their *terminal*?  Who made it their terminal?  Argggh!!

I think I have road rage - I can't be patient with these things on the road.  When I see them - I become all negative and curse them all.  I control myself when the kids are with me, but it's so obvious that I am frustrated.  Kailee has uttered time and again that *Buses in the Philippines are stupid!*  Oh my golly.  What is happening?  Is there NO DISCIPLINE?  It wasn't always this way.  I don't know.

The way back home was more terrible!  I made a bad decision on passing the Roosevelt-Quezon Avenue route and was stuck in that particular corner for more than 30 minutes.  WE WERE NOT MOVING.  I don't know if the mall is to blame or the many jeeps that still load an unload even if there's a sign of NO LOADING & UNLOADING.  I think the passengers are to blame too, to be honest because they stand there on the the sidewalk - waiting for the right jeep to take.

I am not shy in honking.  I got this from my Panget.  I will honk as long as I want - I don't care about the noise!  I will honk until the public transport in front of me MOVES.  Yes, I do that - that's what car horns are for right?  And then I get yelled at by the driving saying *NAG-HAHANAP BUHAY LANG KAMI* *We are just trying to make a living*.

NAG-HAHANAP BUHAY LANG KAMI / We are just trying to make a living.

This has ALWAYS been the excuse for them not following traffic rules.  Why?  What makes them special?  What makes them above the law?  Why?  What?  I am always baffled on why I need to give them leeway.  I really don't!  I can't understand it, I won't even try to understand it.  Aren't we all trying to make a living?  Why is that, we try and follow rules - while they don't?  I really don't get it.  I swear to God - I really can't, for the life of me UNDERSTAND what makes them feel special that they can break the rules and get away with it?

Traffic enforcers just stand there.

Yes, they do!  They just stand there.  Why don't they penalize these rule breakers and teach them a lesson?  Is it because they get some sort of *protection* money?  Hayayay.. I am so very frustrated and I don't know what to do anymore!!

I realized that in a couple of years - my life would consist of bring the kids to school and back home.  Are we all to suffer with the traffic?  Gosh.  I don't know.

I don't know!

I like driving - on a Sunday or during Holidays.  Why, because the roads are clear (well, sort of clear - they become fewer) during these times.  I like not being angered with sudden stops or slowing down because they foresee passengers taking their rides.

DISCIPLINE.

It simply means one thing and one thing alone.  Yet, most all public utility vehicles have no notion of what discipline is.

It's effing FRUSTRATING.

Frustrating.

Oh, and almost ALL public utility vehicles contribute to heavy POLLUTION because these drivers are IRRESPONSIBLE drivers their OPERATORS are irresponsible citizens of the country.

Where is the Philippines headed?

I don't know.









Comments

  1. Though I don't drive, my commute from my house to my office takes because of the traffic brought about by undisciplined drivers. Nakakainis that most roads are used as parking lots. Dapat nga requirement na talaga na may parking space muna if bibili ng kotse, hindi lang bili ng bili.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w