Sneak peak? Scroll to the end of the post!!
So last weekend, I finally got a copy of the movie Fifty Shades of Grey. Nope, not a blurry copy. It was a clear copy - when you view it on the laptop. Hooked it up on the TV and it was okay - not the HD copy that I'm used to. There were was no blurring on the *sensitive* parts of the movie. Well, it was an *uncut* copy, so....
Was it just me? But, I found the movie rushed. But I guess 2 hours wasn't really enough to cover the whole book. I felt bad for the movie though, because it could have been much more! I wish though that there was more of the *talking* than the sex. But that's just me. Hahaha!! Am I KJ? I guess so. The book was filled with dialogue exchange that made me *kilig*. Of course, you know how real men are - they're not very talkative or expressive of their feelings, so the book was a bit out there making us women swoon because Christian Grey emails and texts - lengthily. Hahaha!!
Most people who saw the movie found that there was no chemistry between the actors who played Christian and Anastasia - but I beg to differ. I think they were perfect for the role and made the characters come alive. My Panget commented that Dakota was not very pretty, well she is pretty - but she looked lost in some scenes, and that she looked weird at times. I told Panget that, that was the character of Anastasia, she's supposed to be awkward - look it at times and feel it at times. But you'll see in the movie how her character developed. She became prettier and desirable. As for Jamie Dornan - I remember him from Once Upon A time - all scruffy looking with his beard - and in the movie, he was clean shaven. There were some scenes that you can see the hair growth - it was nice. He looked really good. I think he was skinny in Once Upon a Time - here he was buffed. Okay, I'll admit - he looked hot. There I said it! Hahaha.. I liked seeing them on screen together - bagay.
Everyone assumed that the movie was going to be very steamy. And it was (since I saw the uncut version) - it was all about their sexual relationship - well the book was also like that. But as I said - I would have preferred more dialogue - more of the exchange more of the *I miss that smart mouth* but instead it was very visual, but I guess - since it's the movie - everything needs to be graphic. To be honest, I found their sex scenes to be exaggerated. Be honest! Hahaha - it was to turn us all on. But I had to wince at times especially scenes in the playroom. My Panget saw the ice cube part and declared *Nakita ko na yan! Merong ganyan sa 9-1/2 weeks!* It made me think - what was 9-1/2 weeks? I had to google it. Well, it was a steamy movie that was released in 1986 - and it was of the same nature - very sexual. For short - it was the Fifty Shades of Grey during his time. Hahahaha!! So for him, what he was seeing wasn't very new, I mean the idea wasn't very new.
Whenever Anastasia was in the playroom - I felt sorry for her! I felt sorry for Dakota Johnson because she had to be spanked, whipped and tied! I felt sorry for her. After seeing those scenes, I knew why Melanie Griffith wasn't interested to see the movie - who would want to see their daughter that way. I found Dakota too thin too. I wish though that her boobs were bigger - to which my Panget countered *Di bale, sexy naman!* Men. Hahaha!! I admire though, that she was very cool, collected and brave to have stripped down for the cameras - for Jamie Dornan!
Sooooo, what were the parts that I liked? Here they are, in no particular order:
- The Christia Grey closet! I looks like a store! Hahaha... So organized!!! BUT but but, parang wala namang may ganyang ka-orgnanized na closet! hahaha...
- The Plum dress - it was very pretty! I wish she wore that dress instead of the pink haltered one. Hahaha!! She looked so sophisticated that I wanted to see more of her wearing that dress. (In the book I think she wore it a couple of times!) Her whole look was fantastic and the heels! She looked perfect! (I realized that when you wear heels - iba ang dating eh..)
- The Charlie Tango scene. OMG - I told my Panget - who wouldn't fall for a guy who drives a helicopter and flies you to his place?? The song choice too was a winner too! I didn't know what the song was and what the effect was - but whoever picked that particular song to match the scene - you deserve a double thumbs up! There was this expression on his face when Mr. Grey was asked by Ana *You're flying this?* - his expression was WINNER!! Then when he was talking to the tower - his tongue makes this twirl - OMG, hoooottttt.. This particular scene made me smile from ear to ear.
- The day after the vomit scene. When Christian enters the suite all sweaty and then he takes his shirt off. Winner. I asked my Panget why guys take off their shirts that way - he said *It's the easiest way!* - Okay. Hahaha!! And before he takes off his shirt, he hands Anastasia some bread and then before that when Anastasia asks where he slept - and he pointed where. The expression on his face.
- *Because I'm fifty shades of fucked up* scene. Ahhhh, I loved that so much! I can't explain it but I was so kilig with that scene and that particular line. Hahaha!! (hence the picture above)
- *Christian, I can't walk that fast in these heels!* and then Christian carries her across his shoulder and spanks her. It was cute - I found it really funny. Weird ba?
- Opening scene of Christian Grey on a run with a hoodie. Hahaha!! Very mysterious! Hihi..
I found some scenes a bit lost or bitin - especially when Anastasia was trying to be funny and cute. It lacked building up? I don't know. I was hoping that Jamie Dornan would dance, but I guess - God is fair, he looks good but in the dancing department - nah..
Obviously - the movie was *bitin* - the same as the book. Hahahaha!! So I'm assuming the sequel will be released on Valentines day next year. Hahahahaha!!
Also, I found all of the secondary characters to be flat. Sayang though. Hahaha!! Elliot looked too rugged and dirty in my opinion. Mia was only on screen for like 5minutes? Hahaha!! I adore Marcia Gay Harden - and would have wished she had more scenes with Christian Grey and Anastasia. Taylor - he was the dakilang extra!
Panget would look at me from time to time while watching the movie. He asked me why I was smiling. I told him *Kilig eh!* Hahaha..
Here is the *teaser* of the DVD release.
Confession - when I'm bored, I watch the movie - again and again. Hahahaha!!