I got curious and researched. I found a recipe and tried to replicated it. I got the basics right on the first try, but then I found the consistency too firm, I wanted it to be more silky so I tweaked the recipe and found the consistency that I liked. The I realized, I may need to use a scale in weighing the ingredients for it to be more consistent. I will do that on my next try.
So here is the finished product.
It may not look as nice and taste the same - but in my books, it's good enough!
I want to keep trying to make it.
Here is what my steamer looked like. I was so excited, that I waited and waited. Hahaha!!! I kept on looking at it and opening it! Hahaha..
Here is the recipe:
1 cup of Whole/Full Cream Milk (I tried Skimmed and it didn't work! Haha..)
2 Tablespoons of White Sugar
1 egg white of 1 egg
1. Dissolve the sugar in the milk
2. Heat the milk and bring to a boil
3. Strain the milk and let it cool
4. Whisk the eggwhites
5. Slowly pour the egg whites to the milk mixture
6. Pour the egg and milk mixture on the bowl (try a shallow bowl first)
7. Cover the bowl with cling wrap
8. Put in the steamer for 15 minutes
You can serve this hot - it will be very silky or serve it cold it will be silky but more *firm*