Skip to main content

San Diego Comic Con 2015

This will be my forever wish until the day I die.  I want to go to a San Diego Comic Con once (or twice) before I die.  But it will remain - an impossible dream.

A few weeks ago, I woke up and saw a family friend post something on Instagram.  It literally woke me up because he was freaking in San Diego for Comic Con 2015!  WOW!  I was so excited and so happy for him that when I got the office, I immediately told my mom - who was so clueless!  I couldn't stop raving about it.  I went as far as chatting him up on Facebook.  I was thrilled for him - it was so surreal - OMG, I still can't believe it!  Waaaaaah!  He's so very lucky!!!

This SDCC craze is quite new to me.  Well, it was my Panget who introduced me to it.  I remember just learning about it about 10 years ago.  Since social media wan't as big as it is now - I wasn't aware of the event as much as I am aware of it in the recent years.  Then, we would just read about it in Wizard magazine (I miss reading Wizard, do you know that this is?  If you were into comics or had a brother or cousin that was into comics, the Wizard is like Consumer Report magazine of comics, toys, anime and sci-fi.  It had the newest releases, prices of toys, comic, movies and toys!  I was introduced to the wonderful world of SCI-FI by my Panget.  I used to just watch genres like Friends, The OC, Dawsons Creek, One Tree Hill - you know the types.  But I think I was already semi exposed since I liked Quantum Leap, Twilight Zone, Slider and X-Files (although not a super duper fan)  And then suddenly I was forced to watch Alias, Supernatural, Firefly, 24, Lost, CSI, Stargate and the likes.  At first it felt weird because the genre was so not me, but then I started to appreciate it more.  I was surprised that I even liked them!  Hahaha..



I wasn't aware then that there was a comic convention more so the biggest one held annually at San Diego.  My Panget was the one who introduced me it and it made me curious.  So I googled and saw that it was a massive event.  As the years passed - it has become more popular to the point that TV and movie producers used it as a jump off point to test their pilots and ideas to the target market.  As they say - it has gone mainstream.  But I don't mind because it has attracted so many many attendees from all over the world.  I personally would love to go and see what is really about and have a *feel* of high being with fellow enthusiasts!  It's like an adult's Disney World experience but with adult's *Happiest Place on Earth*.  Hahaha!!

So, when I do get to go to the San Diego Comic Con here are what I will aim to do (this is no particular order)

I want to go see the panels of the following:

a)  Supernatural - my Panget is a HUGE fan and I have become one too!  I love their Bromance so much and their humor too!  It was so lovely to have met the King of Hell by chance at an Adidas store in London a few months back!  Woohoo!  There are so many *Sam* lovers out there, but I super love *Dean*!  Hahaha!  I miss Bobby though.



b)  The Flash - I am soooo in like with Grant Gustin's portrayal of The Flash!  He's funny and cute and charming!  Hahaha!  I love the whole cast especially Cisco, Caitlyn, Dr. Wells and Detective Joe West.  I realy dislike Iris in the series.  I was so disappointed on how she took the news that Barry was The Flash.  That's it?  That's it?  That's what I kept on saying and Panget was agreeing with me.  So disappointing!  When I learned that there would be a new love interest for Barry - by all mean, GO!  Just as long as it's NOT Iris West  - I'm happy!

c)  Orphan Black - I would love to see Helena in action and also Fi (Felix)!  I saw them on the Nerd HQ panel last 2014 and I was so blown away!  I'm so very happy that Tatiana Maslany has been nominated for an Emmy - FINALLY!!  Someone who recognized her ability to portray so many characters!

d)  Arrow - just because Stephen Amell is so dreamy and I love love love Felicity Smoke!

f)  The Strain - Being in the same room as Guillermo del Toro would be ahh-mazing!

And of course, I'd love to go see at least one Nerd Machine Nerd HQ panel since I so loooove love love Zachary Levi.  And I know that Nathan Fillion will be there.  It would be so entertaining.

I'm suddenly excited!!

Hahaha..  But this will still remain to be a dream.

But, someday.

Someday...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w