Skip to main content

Believing in Love (again) because of #OTWOL

Love hurts.

There's no easy way to saying it because that't the truth!  To cope, you put up walls to avoid getting hurt again.  But no matter the height and strength of those walls, only two things can happen:  You get trapped inside those walls forever  or someone breaks it down eventually.

Through the years, we've all built walls around us.  Personally I've built so many walls that I've somehow become numb to certain things.  One example is the *Love Wall* that I've built, unconsciously.  Being married for 6 years, I think I can say that I've felt hurt and unloved at times, and as a defense mechanism - I've built walls to protect me.  I've become numb and indifferent at times.  I guess life experiences make you have those feelings to cope.

So when it comes to *romantic* love - I don't think it exists anymore.  Seriously.  I would often hear people say, *you already have kids - why even think of romantic things, we're past that age!*  I then look at the younger generation with dopey in love eyes, and tell myself *Love will fade, hintayin mo lang!*  (cue in Evil laugh) Hahaha.  I would also think - those romantic movies and romance books are all overrated - it's not REALISTIC!  Hahaha.. I guess I've become bitter - tumatanda na kasi.




When I watch romantic movies and tv shows, it entertains me.  It pinches a nerve but it doesn't make me think, think.  It just makes me smile and cry but that's it.  But surprisingly for the teleserye On The Wings of Love #OTWOL - I know, it's so uncharacteristic of me, but it made me believe in love again.  Baduy noh?  I mean at the age of 35, a local teleserye about young love makes me realize that?  Why?  How?

I can't explain it really, but I guess the only thing I can say is that - #OTWOL has ignited something in me, in my mind and in my heart.  I know it's silly how a local teleserye can do that to me but it did.  As corney and as jologs as it seems - something in me has changed.  I have said it time and again - Iba na ang life ngayon.

Our favorite Napa Valley mechanic, Mang Bobot said it best - Ang sarap palang pagmasdan ang mga batang nagmamahalan.

It truly is.  There was a time that I looked at them and did an evil laugh in my head, but after watching more than 50 episodes worth of #OTWOL - I look at young love differently now.  Now, I sigh and smile and wish that their love will make them feel inspired.  So this is what I forgot.  Hahaha!!

I admit that I stopped believing in love.  I lost faith in love.  I pushed all those romantic feelings aside and concentrated on loving my children.  And I have to say - it's very fulfilling.  But you see, it's a different kind of love - romantic love.  It has a different effect on people.  I was surely surprised that I felt what I did - at this stage and age.  Pwede pa pala yon?

Often times, we do things because we need to.  Not because we want to do them but we cause we have to do them.  Like for married couples - wives are supposed to *serve* their husbands - it has become such a routine that we do them because we have to.  We're like robots functioning on cue - but what I realized was that, if you do it with love - then it feels a bit different.  But hey, take note ha - one person in a relationship CAN NOT and WILL NOT revive those feelings on their own.  It can cause a start, but it has to be both parties in the relationship to sustain those feelings.  That's the ideal set up, but come on - in real life, that doesn't happen.

Take for example, me and my Panget.  When he comes home from work - I make sure to flash him a smile.  But what does he do?  He looks at me naka-simangot.  Nakakainis diba?  What would you feel like when someone does that to you.  After doing the smile thing so many times, I simply got tired so  I don't smile at him anymore when he comes home - I mean, why waste my energy in smiling when the other party refuses to acknowledge that smile.  Even on a tired day, when I come home - I still smile.  But I guess men are really wired differently.  I hate men.  Hahaha..

I've honestly lost all faith in love.  I was starting to become those bitter old ladies that we hear of, but I'm glad that I caught the show just in time for me to believe in love again.  It's hard, to tell you the truth, and it's quite silly that just because of a teleserye, I've suddenly regained my faith in love.  I've forgotten what it feels to be giddy, excited, smiley all over, cheery and *in love*.  Clark and Leah made me feel those lost feelings.

The feeling of *In Love* is a different high.  My friends have told me that I'm looking better recently.  I've said it time and again - that's the effect of watching #OTWOL.  This is the effect of #OTWOL - I'm happier, I remember now what it feels like to be *kilig*, I wake up everyday with a bigger smile.  I used to think that cheesy lines are sooooo corny, now I get kilig just hearing them.  It's a good feeling, pala.  As I said, iba na ang life ngayon.  Hahaha!!

So, THANK YOU to the actors, directors, staff, crew, scriptwriters of  #OTWOL for making me feel those forgotten feelings once again.  It's a different high, a different happiness.  Now, I look forward to everyday watching Clark, Leah and the whole cast.

I think having these happy loving feelings - there's only one person who will benefit from it - my Panget.  Buti nalang happy ako or else, I will also make simangot to him everyday!  Hahaha... :)


Previous Posts on #OTWOL #JaDine
On The Wings of Love: James Reid & Nadine Lustre
The MAGIC of #JaDine & #OnTheWingsOfLove
Addicted to #OTWOL & #JaDine + Love Teams
Falling in Love ala The Proposal & On the Wings of Love
OFW Life in On the Wings of Love #OTWOL



Comments

  1. Palitan na ang blog name. Dapat the OTWOL tales na. hahaha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! parehas lang din ng hulma ang husband natin...di pala ako nag iisa. iniisip ko na lang, atleast hindi babaero haha. thank you for your otwol post..nakakadik talaga...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willpower proper diet ho ingestion and physical exercise Stick to these kind of simple weightless guidelines and benefit from these people http Techniques to recognize a simple solution to shed weight GC FIT 360 Tips you must learn company up These specific approaches usually are exclusive to finding a simple solution to shed weight and often actually setback.

    http://www.supplementssellers.com/gc-fit-360-garcinia-cambogia/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w