Skip to main content

Cooking Quest: Chimichurri Sauce

Ever since I tried this sauce in Gaucho, the Argentine restaurant in Robinson's Magnolia, it left a lovely impression on my palate.  I forgot about it for a while and then was reminded of it again when I tried Senor Pollo early this year.  Whenever we had simple get togethers at home, I would drive to Senor Pollo and order extra helpings of the Chimichurri sauce.  I loved it so much that I would just eat it with rice or bread!  Hahaha..

A few months ago after binge watching Master Chef, I realized that contestants were making it left and right.  I searched the recipe on Google memorized it but never got around to making one.  But a few weeks ago, I suddenly had this urge to make one.  It was perfect because it coincided with our supermarket day.

It was a success, flavor wise.  The appearance wasn't quite there, but it tasted good!  Hahaha..  This is what my first attempt looked like:



It was mush.  I used my Braun Mutliquick 3 Hand Blender - I used the hand blender beaker to chop up all the ingredients and poured in the oil - and it turned into mush.  I think I over chopped the ingredients.  The flavor was there, but the appearance was not.  Hahaha!  So my attempt #1 just got a passing mark.  Hehehe..  But we finished it in a few days.

Then last Saturday, I suddenly needed to buy chicken breast and as I was walking to the counter to pay - I saw the greens sections, they had parsley!  I bought a huge pack and headed home.  I wanted to make the Chimichurri sauce again.

So I went home, used the hand blender sans the beaker - and it turned out pretty successful!  Look at it:



Not bad right?  Well, I think it was a success because it didn't turn into mush!  Hahaha..:)

Here's the recipe that I used, I am apologizing ahead because I did not use exact measurements, I just made it according to taste.

2 Cups Parsely Leaves
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Small Onion chopped
Oregano
Chili Flakes
Oil
Red Wine Vinegar

The recipes that I've found online said to chop the parsley leaves.  I tried chopping but found that it took too long.  So I just put the leaves in a bowl and used the hand blender to chop it all up.  Then I put the garlic (you can use 2 cloves first and then taste, if you feel you need to add more, do so) and then the chopped onion (you add a little at a time and then add according to your taste).

Then pour the oil into the mixture and blend well.  Then add a few drops of the red wine vinegar.  I say few drops so you can adjust the taste to your liking.  The add rock salt to flavor.  Again, add little by little to adjust the taste - remember when you add more than enough, it will be harder to correct.

Add the chili flakes depending on your heat preference.  Then a few oregano leaves (I just used the dried ones and I just put very little).  Don't forget to taste as you go along, so you'll know how to adjust the taste to your liking.  I can't emphasize enough on tasting as you go along.

This recipe will make about 75% of a Mason Pint Jar.

Voila!

You have your own Chimichurri sauce!


Comments

  1. Bookmarking this. Recipe for Latin Chicken naman next! hahahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear about chimichurri sauce all the time in those Food Network cooking shows but have never tried it. What do you eat with it ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w