Skip to main content

Sleep Sweet & Soundly with DUNLOPILLO

I never understood why there was a need to invest in a good mattress.  Growing up, I knew one thing - and just one thing.  That was never to get a spring coil bed.  Why?  Because I remember being pricked my a loose spring coil and it hurt like hell.  I stuck to having those foam mattresses and I have to say, it was very comfortable.

Before getting married, my Panget and I were shopping for a mattress, I was telling him to settle for those foam ones.  But he insisted on getting a different brand.  I told him - brands didn't matter, that everything was just the same - a mattress was just a mattress.

We didn't end up buying a mattress.  What happened was that a mattress was given to us because my in laws had an extra one lying around the house.  It was a premium brand that I've honestly never heard of (that time - because I only knew of Uratex!).  But I whenever I said that brand aloud, I would get ooohs and aaahs.   So the day after I got married, I was able to sleep in *that* mattress.  And it was wonderful.  What was most wonderful was - my sleep was not interrupted by sudden turns and tossing by my Panget.  It was really wonderful!  Hahaha... :)

I only appreciated the mattress I had at home when my Panget and I stayed in Ibis North Point.  I was pregnant then and for three nights, I never had a good nights sleep.  The bed was too stiff!  I couldn't find a good position.  It was only then that I realized how important sleeping on a comfortable bed was.  Every night was a struggle.  I honestly dreaded going back to the hotel at night!  I was already tired from all the walking all day, I wanted to go back to my hotel to get my needed rest.  But what I got was a one of the worst sleep (if you can call it sleep!) ever - I could feel my Panget when he turned and tossed, I was finding it difficult finding a good position to sleep.  I was waking up every so often to change my position.  It was a nightmare!  I was too excited to go home to my own bed!

And that is why I encourage people to invest in a good mattress.  A good mattress will make you sleep better thus, rest better and wake up feeling refreshed!  All of these will make you function better as a woman, as a wife and as a mother!  I swear, I never understood how important sleep was until I experienced what I did!

Dunlopillo is one brand that I recommend.  Yes, it's quite pricey BUT as I said, a good mattress makes all the difference.  It's an investment really, and I swear to you - it really does make a huge difference.  A personal *traumatic* experience made me realize that.  Yes, I had to experience it to believe!



When I became a mother, sleep was something I treasured and longed for.  I have always said that once you give birth, you need to be ready to give up sleep.  I think for 3 years straight - I wasn't able to sleep a full 8 hours because I was breastfeeding and pumping round the clock!  I learned to function without much sleep, but when I did sleep - my body looked for a comfortable bed to lie on.  Even if sleep was just 1 to 3 hours and erratic, it's worth it when you have a good mattress like Dunlopillo to go home to.

The NormaBlock is Dunlopillo’s most superior innerspring system, and is the most technologically advanced mattress spring support system in the market. Fully engineered in Europe, it is durable, supportive and at the same time flexible to contour the body’s spinal shape to provide unsurpassed comfort.

Normablock is an exclusive technology by Pikolin Spain. Great news for moms is that its unique total heat tempered spring system guarantees proper elasticity, total resilience and high durability. In addition, its distinctively design spring system provide the right comfort and greater body support in accordance to what every mother needs.

Comfort and support is the cornerstone of those precious bedroom moments. After all, moms provide comfort and support throughout their lives. Moms can finally sleep more soundly at night on the technologically advanced design of the NormaBlock mattress by Dunlopillo.


The Normablock comes in three designs the Catleya, Decora and Lucia – differing in height, levels of support, and the added technology in each mattress.




I never understood the difference in height when it comes to mattress.  It was explained to us during the event the different types of mattresses that Dunlopillo has and why it was such.  One of the things that I liked was the *partner disturbance* feature.  I swear to you this is such a great feature because whenever your partner turns or moves on the bed (while asleep) you will not be disturbed!  There is this stability on the bed - the Normablock feature (latex combined with spring) that helps in the adjustment of weight on the bed.  That small movements will not be felt.  I swear by this because I am a light sleeper - whenever my Panget moves, I get woken up!  I am so glad that people can experience this feature because it's truly great!  I promise, when you experience this, you will know and be able to gauge the quality of the mattress.  So in all my travels staycations included, I have this *standard of quality* in a mattress.  I feel that because of what I experiences, my standards are quite - high!  Hahaha...

Oh, and they also have these fabulous pillows to accompany their mattresses!



Here's a trivia!  Do you know that Dunlopillo grows their own rubber trees that produces theses mattresses and pillows!  YES THEY DO!  Imagine the quality that goes into every product that they have.  Even the Queen of England knows that - Dunlopillo is the BEST!


Dunlipillo Philippines has showrooms!  Please do visit to see and FEEL the difference.  Hurry on to the following locations:

  • #6 Acropolis Commercial Area, E.Rodriguez Ave., Libis, QC.  
  • EDSA, Cubao
  • MC Home Depot Fort Branch


Dunlopillo Philippines Facebook Page
Dunlopillo Philippines Instagram 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w