Skip to main content

Heartbreak + Prayers

Even before I had kids, I already had a soft spot for kids.  And when I had kids, well that soft spot grew into something bigger.  My heart became more sensitive when I saw and learned of kids getting sick.  When my kids got sick - I wished it were just me.  They look so helpless.

Last year, when I had a miscarriage, I appreciated LIFE more.  I learned that conceiving is not easy and I also learned that things may not go as planned.  I learned to be thankful with what I had and to enjoy what is there.



Late last year, a little girl came into our lives.  Even before she was born, most everyone loved her.  So when she was born, we were all excited.  We were all hopeful because even if she was diagnosed to have a condition called Spina Bifida, her condition according to the doctors her parents consulted  were quite positive because it was at the lowest part of the spine.  When she was born, she already had an operation to close the opening and everything was fine.  Weeks and months passed and we loved her even more.  One day, we were told that she had contracted a bacteria that causes fluids to stay in her brain.  We prayed and hoped for the best.  She was confined in the hospital for months and when she finally got the go signal to go out - we celebrated her return home.  I personally pray for her healing everyday.  To be honest, I am in awe of her mother's strength.  She's very positive and hopeful.  She told me that there are bad days and good days.  I can only imagine how her bad days are, but what she told me struck a cord - at the end of the day, we want to be the best parents we can be.  That is so true.

When I learned of #CourageousCatie, my heart bled.  How can a child go through what she was going through.  When she was finally diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, we all rejoiced because we thought that the doctors can now focus on curing her.  My heart bled more when I learned of her passing.  No parent would ever want to bury their child.  And it was painful to see pictures of Catie's parents hugging her one last time.  What was good out of everything that happened to them was that Catie was not suffering anymore.  A lot of people celebrated with her parents.

Just last night, I learned of a friend's daughter who has cancer.  She's just a year a few months old.  MY heart broke again.  Before going to sleep, I prayed - I prayed for the little girl and my friend's daughter.  I prayed for healing.  I prayed that their parents stay strong.  I have learned not to ask WHY these things happen.  I learned to ACCEPT and pray for more strength for myself and the parents.  I honestly don't have a clue why these things happen, but I know that they do.  Things happen for a reason.  As cliche as it sounds - they really do.

So to the parents of these two little girls.  Know that I am praying with you, everyday.  I honestly don't know what to say or do to make you feel better.  So I'll just pray with you and pray for you.  You have a prayer warrior in me.

If you will, please say a prayer for these two girl's healing.  I would appreciate it very much.

Comments

  1. There are things that happen in our lives that make us question God's goodness. But it doesn't negate the fact that He is good. Praying for these girls, and praying for you. He says when believing people pray, great things happen! So let us believe together for great things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w