Skip to main content

WELCOME - Blue Posts: Boiling Crabs & Shrimps

Crabs.

People close to me know that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CRABS.  I love them and I am very patient when it comes to de-shelling crabs (and most crustaceans).  I make sure that I take out every meat that I can from these crustaceans.  When everyone else doesn't want to get their hands dirty I am the exact opposite when it comes to crabs.  I don't care if I'm in formal attire (let's say it a wedding reception with Chinese lauriat) I WILL NEVER TURN DOWN eating and de-shelling crabs.

My Panget, well - he's really tamad to de-shell.  He's very lucky that I LOVE to de-shell, well I don't mind to make himay for him.  Honestly, I don't mind making himay for anyone (just make sure you feed me more crabs! Hahaha).

So last Wednesday, I gamely joined Gerry and Donny.  Secretly, I was very excited - I was telling my kids that I will be going to the mall to eat some crabs!  And EAT I did!  Hahaha!  I'm so lucky that I don't have any allergies when it comes to seafood.  Thank you, Lord!!

First up was the Seafood Gumbo.  Honestly, I've only heard and seen Gumbo on TV.  I've never actually tried it but it looks really interesting.



I had no expectations whatsoever really.  And when I scooped up a spoonful - let's just say that I couldn't stop myself from having more spoons full.  I actually asked for seconds.  Yes, it was that good.  It was rich, very flavorful, seafood pieces were just the right size.  IT WAS AMAZING.  I had to say out loud *Soooo, this is what a gumbo tastes like*.  I loved the texture, it was thick and spices were just right.  It was an explosion for my tastebuds!  I initially declined to have a cup of rice, but then I just had to try pairing the rice with the gumbo - AMAZING.  I couldn't stop myself, really.  Ask Gerry!  Haha!! :)

When the crabs and shrimps arrived - I was ready.  My tastebuds have *warmed up* and I was ready to take on the crabs.  Bring it on!



This is the crab boil.  Look closely and you'll see the spices and the garlic.  It's orange-y red and I was at first intimated, but then what the heck!  I love crabs.  They were serving drinks and I can just ask for water when my tastebuds can't take it anymore.  So I dug in.

I dug in like crazy.  I was in the zone.  I de-shelled, peeled, pulled, cracked every shell that was hindering my way into getting those crab meat.  I didn't care anymore of the mess, I just did what I had to do (for the love of crab).  The crab was HUGE.  I have to say the biggest that I have had so far - and I have had MANY many crabs in my lifetime.  The flavor was - wow.  The spices, the garlic, the sweetness of the crabmeat, the combination was WONDERFUL.  Honestly, I wanted more.  Hahaha!! :)  Seriously!

One thing though, I didn't want to make too much of a mess.  So I put the shells and whatever inside the empty bowl of the seafood gumbo.  I created a (tiny) mountain of empty crab shells:




Game OVER.  Truly, this crab boil was game changing.  I was so used to eating the steamed crabs from chinese restaurants that I never thought I would enjoy a crab boil.  I remember that a true test of a crab's flavor would come out with the simplest of method - steaming.  But this Crab Boil just took it to another level - and I LOVED it.

Here is a dear live crab before cooking. Look at the size!



After dear crabby was shown to us, I think he was cooked into this fried version:



Steamed, fried, boiled with Cajun spices - BRING IT ON!  Yes, that's how much I love love love crabs!!  And you know whats more?  I am willing to de-shell for friends.  Hahaha!!  Yup.  I don't mind de-shelling for friends who don't want to get their hands dirty, diba KonyoQueen Raina? :)  Haha.. I'm very nice that way - and of course, all for the LOVE of crabs!! :)

There are other dishes of course!  This one below is the fried shrimps:


They also have Kinilaw with Liempo.  Something I haven't seen combined ever.  It's usually just kinilaw OR liempo, but this was both!  Seafood and meat - I'm not complaining.



Blue Posts Boling Crab & Shrimps had clams, mussels, squid and a whole lot of different seafood for you to try.  These seafoods are flown in from Davao and are LIVE and fresh.  They are only cooked upon order.  So be rest assured that you are having FRESH seafood to consume.

For their dessert - of course Davao pomelo!  It's a Pomelo salad with cream, corn, nuts and shredded pomelo!  It was a good way to end the meal filled with seafood eating.



Another first is their MIXOLOGY drinks:



You can mix and match you drinks!  You can drink them individually or just mix whatever you fancy!  A friendly lady server told me that if I mix all the drinks together, it will come out to a black colored concoction.  And so I told her I was game to try it and she mixed them all!


But, it didn't come out black.  Hahaha!  But the taste was still good.  I still liked it and even asked for seconds.

I was envious of Karl though, because his drink turned black!




Blue Posts Boiling Crabs & Shrimps is opening tomorrow, August 26.  Hurry on and try it!  I promise you, you won't be disappointed!  Make sure though to enjoy the meal with your hards.  Getting down and dirty with seafood is the best.


Blue Posts Boiling Crabs & Shrimps
4/Floor SM The Block (North Edsa)
+639085165 and +639158563383
FB - https://www.facebook.com/BluePostsBoiling

Comments

  1. OMG, my kind of heaven. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarap! Let's go when I come back, but I shall try this with the Bentomommas in Davao this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w