Skip to main content

GOOD JOB NSO Serbilis Center East Avenue

For ONCE I am raving about a government office's service!
YES YES YES!!

So last Friday, I called up NSO Serbilis Center in East Avenue.  I inquired on what day was a not so *full* day for them and got an answer that it was everyday.  I also asked for a not so busy time - and was told they were busy all the time.  One thing though, the one I spoke to said - whenever it rains, the people are few.  Good idea!  So I told myself, go when it rains hard.  Hahaha!!

Then suddenly she told me *Ma'am, open na po kami every Saturdays 9am to 3pm po*  I asked her again and she repeated what she said.  WOW, I can't believe it, a government office that is open on a Saturday?  Someone must be playing a joke on me.  I had to ask for a third time if what I heard was correct.  Yes, apparently they've started to open on Saturdays!

I was told to visit by 9am so as not to be part of the *madness* crew.  She also told me to go the next day because only a few people know that this serbilis center was open on Saturdays.  So I readied myself the next day.

I got there a little after 9.  There was no parking, so good for me that I brought a driver with me.  Traffic was non existent since it was still early.  I was with Kailee (she just wanted to tag along) and Yaya Belen (I needed her NSO birth certificate and marriage certificate).  To be honest, the place was - well, not up to my standards in cleanliness, but since it was empty - well, pwede na.  I had to walk through a darkened path (because the light were not all opened) and at the very end it was like a HUGE gymnasium but instead of a basketball court, it was filled with chairs.



When I entered their makeshift entrance, I was asked by two (2) men what I was applying for and how many.  To be honest, I found it silly - can't they just hand us the forms and not ask anymore?  Anyhoo - I got the forms and filled them out immediately.  I headed to the counter on the right most - she *checked* my details - and wrote on the form, encircled some things and told me to pay at the cashier.  I handed the cashier the forms and paid the amount she asked of me.  It was P140.00 per birth certificate and marriage certificate, CENOMAR was more expensive (I don't for the life of me understand why it costs more?!?!).  Then I was told to wait until the name of the applicant is called.

In less than 10 minutes - I heard CONNOR BRACE TANG.

Yaya Belen was laughing and saying *kawawa naman yung pangalan ng alaga ko!*  So I went to the *receiving counter* to pick up the NSO birth certificate.  I then noticed that it was only one (1) copy.  I knew I ticked the box that said TWO COPIES.  I called the attention of the one who handed me the NSO paper and yes, she did see it was supposed to be TWO instead of just one.  She handed it back to the cashier - I was ready to tell her off, but nope - I controlled myself because I the service was already fast.

So there, we were in and out of the NSO Serbilis Center in less than 30 minutes.

I must say, this is the FASTEST service ever!  It beat the LTO Sto. Domingo (circa 2013) by 15 minutes!!

Good job to whoever decided to open this Serbilis Center on Saturdays.  Good job too to the staff who came in the office to serve us (even if we were just a handful).

Good job NSO Serbilis Center East Avenue!

Mabuhay kayooooo!!

I used to always order my NSO thingies over the phone but man it costs P350.00 PER COPY.  Imagine the expense!  I needed two birth certificates and two marriage certificates - that's P1,400.00 but with the Serbilis Center - it's just P560.00 savings of P840.00.  Trade off is that it's on a Saturday, but I wake up early narin naman, so - no biggie.  Hihi..  Maybe if I was driverless - it would be deadly.

Here's the link to the East Avenue branch:
https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/SerbilisLocator.aspx

Comments

  1. Hi! I just want to clarify if I got it right that you went there, requested for documents, and got them - all on the same day? Just want to make sure cause I have a friend requesting documents in my behalf (with authorization and ID ofcourse). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. This was a Saturday - there was no line and only a handful of people. I spent 30 minutes the most inside, I think.

      If your friend were to go on a weekday - expect a LOT of people and long lines and long waiting.

      Good luck Eunice!

      Love, Didi

      Delete
  2. Good day, NSO on Quezon city are still open ? thank you for respond

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w