Skip to main content

World of O'Wow from Oishi!

I've loved Kirei since I was little, I'm so happy that I can still share it to my kids!  Oishi has produced numerous of snacks through the years that has catered to everyone's taste buds.  They've also built a brand around Asia.  It makes me so proud because it's a home grown Pinoy brand.


When I was in Beijing, I felt very kilig seeing Oishi snacks whenever I went to the grocery.  Little did I know that Oishi has also produced snacks only available in certain Asian countries.  Last Sunday, I received a package of the World of O'Wow - and I was surprised to see the different snacks from Thailand, Vietnam and China.  See the different snacks below:


I was so excited when I opened it!  Hahaha..  These snacks are not sold in the country, but for this holiday season - it's available!

PRESS RELEASE

Asian flavors come together in Oishi World of O, Wow! Bag
From its humble origins of repacking gawgaw and local coffee and introducing classics such as Oishi Prawn Crackers and Kirei, Liwayway Marketing Corporation has come a long way in the last seventy years. From then on, Liwayway Marketing Corp has been redefining snack time for Filipino families as they introduce more favorites such as Bread Pan, Ribbed Cracklings, Pillows, Marty’s, Potato Fries, and Ridges. Now with an ever-growing roster of products, Oishi has been capturing hearts around Asia as well, including countries such as Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, India, and China.

The World of O, Wow! Bag brings all Asian favorites together in one bag, a taste of what Oishi has to offer around the world.
Disclaimer: contents may vary in every World of O, Wow! bag.

Vietnam
Vietnamese Oishi snacks include Tomati, a tasty sweet-sour snack made and flavored with tomatoes, and coconut flavored Pillows.
Indonesia
Indonesians have the Suky Suky Sweet & Spicy Shrimp snack to go crazy over, a Southeast Asian-inspired snack where shrimp crackers are sweetly glazed, topped with sprinkled chili flakes.
Thailand
True to their culture, Makado Sticks Larb Flavor is a Thai-style potato snack that will appeal to other Asian snack lovers as well. Larb is a popular savory meat dish in Thailand, as well as other neighboring countries. Another original snack in Thailand is O-pa-la, chocolate covered potato chips.
Philippines
Pinoy favorites make a comeback such as Wafu, wafer-stick snack with creamy leche flan filling. Newer snacks are also in the mix such as Ziggs, a chocolate covered granola clusters snack. Some newer items include Panchos, nacho cheese tortilla chips, Crunchy Karl's, a cheesy curly-shaped corn snack, and Mobster's Caramel and Cheese Popcorn, taking a page from the well-known Chicago treat.

China
Carrying the authentic taste of American baby back ribs, Potato Chips Baby Back Ribs is a hit in the Chinese market. Meanwhile, a healthy yet tasty snack comes in the form of Whits Original, made with semolina oil, oats, whole wheat, and sunflower oil.

Different Oishi flavors from all over Asia come together in one bag! O, Wow!

Ano kaya ang pinaka bet na international Oishi snack ng ating Team O members from the World of O, Wow bag? Watch the video to find out!


Want to catch these amazing treats in time for the holidays? The Oishi World of O, Wow! Bag will also be available at the Ayala Triangle this coming Dec. 16-18 for the Festival of Lights. Drop by the Oishi’s Snack Shack booth to get your own mini-giant packs and Oishi Christmas gift packs!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w