Skip to main content

DIDIscoveries: Celebrating flavor with Rang's!

I am always on the lookout for places to order food.  You see, with my in laws' growing family, and to be honest - we're getting too rowdy for restaurants because of the kids.  We prefer to be in a place where grandkids can be themselves and enjoy their cousin's company.  We've decided, why not just stay home (most of the time) - it's more comfortable for us and for the kids.  Order food in and enjoy it without being conscious if we're too noisy or taking too much time and space.



Rang is friend who I met through the #ClosetCleanoutSale2016 where we were both vendors.  I just discovered after that event na she's the older sister of my friend Ro!  The world is so tiny!  A few weeks ago, Rang posted on IG that she's finally decided to dive into the party platter food business because of the wonderful feedback from friends who have tasted her dishes.  I immediately asked for her menu and was so happy to learn that her kitchen is nearby.  I'm glad to have another option to order food next time.

To be honest, I was already running out of places to order from.  My menu has become somewhat repetitive and my mom in law has noticed that.  My Panget said to try other places, but it's quite limited seeing that we're in QC.  And as you know, I am a creature of habit, I don't mind eating the same dishes over and over again, but that's me - how I wish, that everyone was like me, but obviously - everyone is not.  Haha!  So, the task of thinking where to order is quite taxing.  I'm also pressured to make sure that everyone will like the food I order.

Since we were having a family dinner again, I decided to order from Rang's.  It was quite last minute since Rang wrote that order should be at least 3 days ahead.  I asked her if it was too short notice for my order.  I felt so relieved when she said she could still accommodate my order.  I was so excited to be honest - mainly because it was something new and they looked really good!! :)

When I picked up the food, the car smelled soooooo good!  I was really excited to taste them.  When dinner came, I think everyone was very hungry because the food was devoured almost immediately. 





The food was great, everything was good!  My brother in law especially loved the Binagoongang Pork Belly and said that it gave the dish an ooopmh when you put the eggplant chimichurri.  I couldn't stop eating the mashed potatoes of the Chicken.  My parents in law, nieces and nephers loved the Baked Salmon.  I wished I ordered two of that.  Hahaha!  The crab fat spaghetti was also good, the shrimps were cooked very well and seasoned perfectly.

Rang's food was a huge hit to me and my in laws.  Everyone was happy with the food and was filled full.  The size was perfect and the flavors - wonderful.  Rang was able to pack and present the food very well too!  The plastic wrap was tightly done to avoid accidental spills.  It's also very easy to re-heat since they're on aluminum pans.  

I'm excited to order the rest of the food on her menu.

Congratulations Rang, on this venture!  Thank you for sharing your food, for us to enjoy with our families!

For more details on how to get in touch with Rang and how to order - you may visit Rang's Facebook Page.

Here's another look of my orders:


Top Left is the Binagoongang Pork Belly with Eggplant Chimichurri
Top Right is the Chicken with Roasted Garlic and Herbs
Lower Left is the Baked Salmon with Buttered Corn
Lower Right is the Crab Fat Spaghetti with Garlic Prawns






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w