Skip to main content

so NEAR yet so SAM away...

I am one of those 'late' shoppers for Christmas, honestly I had no plans to go shopping at all, it was my Panget who chided me to go with him to Glorietta, Makati to look for gifts to give his god-kids. On the way to Makati, we used the Makati-Mandaluyong route - I was surprised to see a few cars on the road. I was hoping silently that traffic would be manageable and that the shopping area won't be super crowded (as it was December 24). I told my Panget to park at the 6750 car park, as fear of having to go through traffic and wasting good shopping time falling in line for parking. As we entered, we were shocked to see that there were a FEW cars parked! (thank gawd!!)

We first went around the Mango-Women's Secret lane, again, we were shocked to see LESS and LESS last minute shoppers walking about!! The crowd was less than that of a usual Sunday crowd. Weird isn't it? Anyways, we were going around and around till we got to the La Coste store. I was showing him a bag that I really like that cost 8.5K!! That's just a small messenger bag otherwise known as a 'travel' bag in my lingo.. Upon exiting the store, I looked back at the bag that I liked, I thought to myself that I'd try and have it copied (alam mo naman ako!! barat!! haha..) THEN.. suddenly I saw this familiar face and his smile.. it was SAM MILBY of Pinoy Big Brother!!
He was with a guy companion and it looked like he went shopping (because of the paper bagS he was holding) I shrieked, pointed at him and told my Panget 'Si Sam yan, si Sam yan!!, OMG, si Sam yan of Pinoy Big Brother!!' He was walking towards the escalators going up to the MAC-Rustan's area. I was stunned for a few seconds till it occured to me that my fairly new phone (I got it September 2005) had a 2.0megapixel camera on it!! I persuaded Edmund to have him take Sam and my picture!! He was hesistant (what do you expect from a guy who loathes local channels??) Since he was hesitant, I was using all my might to pull him to the direction Sam was going! Of course, Edmund's much bigger than I am (go figure!!) I finally let go of my grip, and RAN towards Sam. I LITERALLY RAN AFTER SAM!! (-ask my Panget how 'fast' I ran to get to SAM) He got on the escalators (He was wearing a red long sleeve shirt) and I tried best as I can to get near him. I told myself not to be too excited as it would attract attention (selfish ako noh! - althought marami ng nakapansin - pero picture wise, ako lang ang pwede!!) I was confident that I'd be able to get a picture taken with him because he was within distance lang. Siguro mga 5 steps ahead of me lang (Not bad diba?) And so I waited until I got to the top of the escalators, and when I did, i SEARCHED LEFT AND RIGHT, looked into the Bench Body store to my right, looked into the Mercury outlet to my left, looked straight (as far as I can see ah) to the direction of the Rustan's entrance. HE WAS GONE. Literally GONE!! As in no where in sight!! As my Panget reached the top of the escalators he found me looking 'na-lugi' he asked 'Nasan na si Sam mo?' and I just told him na he disappeared! Because he really did!! I swear, if you were in my position, you'd say the same thing, because he really did! He was just a few seconds ahead of me and NAWALA sha parang bula!! I was so frustraded!! I stayed on, ran to MAC, tried to peep inside Rustan's but SAM was no where to be found. I was super sad, depressed, devastated, and at a loss for words. It looked as if someone stole something valuable to me, kulang nalang siguro is maluha ako sa sadness (I was about to though, buti nalang hindi natuloy!)

I hated the feeling. A few seconds ago, he was there. Then now he's gone!! Argh!!! I hate this feeling!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Thing is... I didn't have anything I wanted for Christmas, be it material of whatever. But when the disappointment of not having a picture taken with SAM.. I think THAT would have made my Christmas... Huhu...

*I called my mom to tell her what had happened - she laughed!!
*I texted Auntie Nene to kwento what had happened- her reply/advice - TAKBO KA MAS MABILIS NEXT TIME!! (then she told me that she got me a BENCH poster of Sam - thanks Auntie Nene!! You're the best!!!)
SAM's Bench Ads

A few hours later, I went in Rustan's to look for my havaianas 'suki', then I saw UMA of the same show.. Too bad, I'm not an UMA fan..

Then when my Panget brought me home, my mom switched on the TV, guess who was on Studio 23 being interviewed by Asia Agcaoili? S A M !! Dog-dammit!! Na-na-nadya!! Argh...

Comments

  1. That's so funny! But don't lose hope. Who knows your paths might cross again. Will try to get you an autograph if you want. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w