Skip to main content

Cupcakes by Sonja



I love cup cakes - they make me feel like I'm a kid again. They're so cute and fun to look at! They're simply an irristable treat for me - provided that its vanilla or butter flavored as I am not a fan of chocolates.. (I know, I'm weird - I get it..) I don't know why, but I am very much fascinated with them. I used to bake chocolate cupcakes for my brother's friends - and guessing by their reaction - they loved it!

I've heard of her cupcakes but, I never got the chance to try them. My curiousity increased more as I read entries of the cupcakes from my favorite foodie blogs Ramblings of a Gypsy Soul and Our Awesome Planet. I was quite happy to learn from Anton of Our Awesome Planet that she was opening shop soon at Serendra. When I tried to inquire on Sonja's cupcakes - I was given an invite to the dry run of her shop. Unfortunately, it was on a weekday and I had work! It was just last Saturday that I got the chance to visit her shop and sample a few of her famous cupcakes.

The facade of her shop is catchy and cute! Imagine a cute pink striped store! It looked so much like a candy store! Actually, it looks a lot like a New York-ish kind of cake store, one you'd happen to see in movies or in the Lifestyle Channel's the Food Network! Upon entering the store, I was welcomed by 3 smiley faces - unfortunately, they were still closed as they still had to bake most of their products. But since I was not in a rush, I asked if I could order ahead and have the cup cakes picked up later in the afternoon, one of the girls agreed to help me out. I decided to get the dozen box that consisted of a mix of Red Velvet Vixen, Vanilla Surprise, Valrhona Flourless Cupcake, Chocolate Surprise, and the Bunny Huggers. I was very excited to sample thes cupcakes - but I had to wait.

After our lunch at Polu Kai, my friend Gracie and I proceeded to Sonja's shop to pick up my order. Upon entering - I was suprised that the store had so little cupcakes on display! But I was told that most of them were already sold - good thing I ordered ahead of time. Thank goodness!! Hehehe..

The verdict? I love them! I love the Vanilla Surprise and the Red Velvet Vixen! I had to contain myself and not eat them while in the car! When I got home, I took pictures first (yes, I know!) and then proceeded to try the Vanilla Suprise with the light blue frosting - I love the texture of the cup cake and the frosting was really delicious! Before going out to dinner - I just had to sample the Red Velvet Vixen. As I was not fond of chocolates (I hate them, remember?) I was dreading the taste of chocolate - good thing - I wasn't able to taste any chocolate! Yehey! I like the consistency of the redness of the cupcake and the frosting as well! The combination is really great, not only was it eye candy - it tasted heavenly! I had my Panget sample the Red Velvet and even if he had sipon (colds) he loved it!

I can't wait to visit Serendra again soon!!

Cupcakes by Sonja
1st Level Serendra Retail Area
Cel. 0906-5770833

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w