Skip to main content

Burned..

Well, since last week - we here in the house have been suffering from sudden 'gulat' attacks. This is because the squatters outside our home freely and enjoyingly play with firecrackers! They use the age-old reliable 'kwitis' the new and very much in demand 'boga' and whatever they can get their hands to.

Our gate is considered our fortress - but last Saturday, one of those playing with firecrackers came up with a brilliant beyond brilliant idea. Apparently, they have a lot of free time - thus, they lighted up a kwitis or two and then proceeded to drop them in our mailbox! Poor mailbox - poor poor mailbox! What was worse was that - our electric and water bills - got burned! Damn those kids! When we learned of this - well, we put water in the mailbox, hoping to extingiush any lighted firefracker that will be dropped inside the mailbox. So far, so good. Good thing there was no mail dropped at the mailbox during the time it was filled it water.

It's really irritating - but what can we do right? Even if we tell them it's wrong (what they did) they wouldn't understand. They'll listen to you but then just keep doing what they did! It's like what you're telling them is not absorbing. Pasok sa kabila, labas sa kabila..

There was an incident where our helper was closing the gate, he was motioning for the kids to move so that they won't get hit or hurt, but these kids insist that they won't get hurt and hold on to the gate and swing with it while it closes. Then out of the blue, one of the kids got hurt, his elder brother was shouting at the top of his lungs 'Put@#)*# niyo! Lumabas kayo jan, harapin niyo ako!' My brother who just happened to be near the gate heard the shouting, he then went out to confront whoever that was. He was really shocked to see that it was also a kid! When the kid saw my brother, he was angry because his younger brother was hurt when the gate was being closed. Our helper explained that he was telling that particular kid to move, but the kid would not budge - so the helper just proceeded to close the gate. My brother - who was very calm and objective told he kids out playing that they shouldn't be playing outside the gate, that it was dangerous and that they might get hurt. The kids one by one went away, but after a few minutes - came back and played, as if nothing happened.

What shocked me the most was how foul their language were! I couldn't believe that those were coming out of his mouth! Imagine a kid who was about 7 years old was already saying cuss words! Does he know what he's saying? Well, I highly doubt it.

Comments

  1. That's too bad :( Here's wishing you a happy new year anyway! All the best for 2007

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joey!!

    Happy New Year to you and C!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w