Skip to main content

Miracle Products: Grandma El's Diaper Rash Remedy & Vapor Soove

When I get sick.  I just let the virus take its course.  I usually am better within a few days.  But ever since I gave birth - well, the incubation time is longer than I what I was used to.  It takes a week or two for me to get better.

Case in point - my current cough and colds.

I had this really bad allergies ever since the start of the raining season.  I was able to contain it by taking allergy medicines - and also with the help of my newly discovered NetiPot.  But after a week - I realized that it wasn't allergies anymore.  It was a full blown colds.

Last week, my Panget said he has cough - and pointed to me as Patient Zero.  Hello?!  I wasn't coughing, kaya!  But then after a day or two - I had cough.  It was manageable - I wasn't coughing so bad.  But, I was blowing my nose left and right.  I think I spent so much on tissues already!  And since I was blowing my nose like crazy - it was drying up and was starting to get sore.  I usually put petroleum jelly on it - but this time, I wanted to experitment - I tried Grandma El's Diaper Rash Remedy + Prevention - and after a day of applying it - it was cured!  Miracle right?  Since I was convinced of its super powers, I kept it in my room!  Don't be shocked but I now use it as a lipbalm.  Its really a very good and versatile product!  I think it's an all around product - something like VMV's Booboo cream (or ointment)?  Promise, you can use this on scrapes and small scars!  Miracle talaga, promise!!



When Connor was a baby, he used to contract whatever virus that Kailee had - and whenever he had colds, he had a hard time sleeping.  Elders suggested that I use Vick Vapor Rub - but I read somewhere that it wasn't recommended.  I then searched online and found articles by the #SoMoms on Vapor Soove.  I headed out to Trinoma one day and bought myself a bottle to test.  And it worked miraculously on Connor.  Putting it on his chest and back helped him sleep better and help calm him down.  So ever since then, I would keep a bottle or two at home just in case.  Glad that #SoMom Tin - of MFO is distributing this product!!

This time, I was having a hard time sleeping and then a light bulb moment - I had this brilliant idea to put some on my chest, and throat!  It smelled wonderful - and I think I slept so comfortably that night because of the soothing scent.

So there - I am an adult, using kids stuff to get better.  Funny right?  But you see, I personally use these items too on myself.  Just to prove to you that they really work!  One may say that it's all just an observation and all - so here I am writing about my own experiences on these baby products.

Bottomline is - they're gentle and that really work!

Information on where to buy:
Vapor Soove
Grandma El's Products - Rustan's & Babyland Stores

Comments

  1. No, it's not funny because I use Vapor Soove too! Feel better soon, Didi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty! I thought ako lang gumagamit ng Vapor Soove! Hahaha..

      Love, Didi

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w