Skip to main content

Dilemas..

Okay, so my good friend S's wedding is coming up - 6 days to go till the big day!!. My Checklist is almost complete!

- Dress It's already being dry-cleaned at the moment!
- Shoes I'm using an old, reliable pair :)
- Accessories Thanks to Kath! It made all the difference!!
- Bag - Still thinking of borrowing or buying (a really cheap one that is!)
- Hairstyle - BIG dilema
- Make-up - Another BIG dilema

It's already this Sunday - and I haven't booked anyone to do my make-up and hair! Darn it! Actually, I can't decide! Yikes! It's really a tough choice!

But to make things somewhat okay - Sophie was willing to teach me how to do my own make-up. I'm not what you call a make-up maven - I actually suck at this. I don't know how to differentiate my look. I'm super scared to experiment. Such frustration!!

And my hair? Well, I'll just probably go to a salon in QC. Any suggestions?

Comments

  1. didi! practice ka nalang! it's so fun doing makeup---if you have the time. (ako kasi i have so much---and so little time. with two boys, naku, i don't have time at all!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know someone in QC who can do it for you. Fe Cadiente near Munoz (roosevelt)...Landline: 410.4802
    Cell: 0928.3906288. tell her Tutubi referred you in case you decide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, hot ba yung emcee? hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how about watercolors in shangrila? for your make up lang ha. layo ka lang from you. take care di!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen! Yeah nga eh! Practice nalang siguro..

    Hi Tutubi! Will give her a call. Thanks ah!

    Char - He's already married eh! :)

    Hi Jake! Shang is too far na! But they do have a branch in QC. That's where Panget's mom and sister are having theirs done.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the number of Cathy Cantada, I booked her for my brother's wedding in Oct 27. I saw someone referred her in Pex wedding makeup. She charges around 3500 home service hair and makeup..might be over the budget but I saw that her portfolio is good :)
    http://www.cathycantada.com/
    Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I know a couple of make up artists who could do hair + make up.

    almira muhlach
    irene sy go
    arlene adto
    tin reyes
    mich lim

    i could give you their numbers but my reco for you would me irene, she has her own studio at grace village, qc. wouls charge Php1500 for hair and make up or Php2000 for home service.

    the ones i've mentioned about are really good and are of the same caliber. they do workshops for top brands, fashion shoots, etc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dee! Yeah, I've heard of Cathy Cantada but kinda pricey eh! She's friend with a friend who's also a MUA but she's in PAris now.. Sigh.. She used to do my make-up when I have events.. :)

    Hi Kim! Thanks super for the suggestions. Did I read it right? Almira Muhlach the wife of Bong Alvares and sister of Aga?? She does make-up pala?

    ReplyDelete
  9. yup, all of the names i mentioned were batchmates at ICI (except for Tin)and are equally good.
    i didn't even know she was an artista when a met her, super big boo boo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Movie passes to FESTIVAL MALL CINEMAS!

This month, I am celebrating my blog's 5th anniversary! To start the month right, I am giving away eight (8) movie passes to Festival Mall Cinemas!! All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment will do! Just include your name and email address so I can contact you in case you win!! You can join as many times as you want.  Winner will be picked via Random.org. This is a winner take all contest, so only one winner will get to have all the eight (8) movie passes! Contest will run from today until the end of the week - November 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Manila time.  I will be announcing the winner on Sunday - November 7, 2010! Good luck!!

the canDIshhh tales : 10th BLOGniversary GIVEAWAY!!

10 years is, WOW! Unbelievable. So, to celebrate my 10th year of blogging today - I'm doing a GIVEAWAY hosted by my favorite brands!! :)  This is just one way of me saying THANK YOU to ALL of my readers and to ALL the brands that have given me their trust and support! Here are just some of the stuff that I will be giving away!! The coveted 2016 Starbucks Moleskine Planner ! Starbucks Beverage Coupons! Melissa Slip-Ons!! K-Pallete stuff I got in Tokyo! GIFT PACKS from the following brands: Serenitea GCs Sevilla Sausage packs Paper Chic Studio  the Bento Mommas Clorox, Glad & Pinesol Philippines Vikings Luxury Buffet GC for 2 Lysol Philippines House of Praise CDs I will make this giveaway really really SIMPLE for everyone!  Just follow do the Rafflecopter instruction and most importantly, leave the following details on the comment section below .  One comment entry PER p...

Blog Anniversary Giveaway!

For my blog's 5th anniversary, I'm giving away goodies - and it's a winner take ALL! Image borrowed from THIS site Thank you for eavesdropping for five years. I hope you enjoyed and is still enjoying reading my whatever things! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! Here's the loot: 12 - J&J Mini Body Lotions 1 - Carmex Lip Balm 2 - The Face Shop Masks 1 - Amu'in Insect Repellant 1 - Amu'in Body Mist Joining is really simple: 1)   Leave the following details on the comment section of this post:      a)  Greet me!! :)      b)  Your name      c)  Your email address ( a valid email address please!)      d)  Share this message to your social networking site:  Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, Etc.   Blog Anniversary Giveaway!   http://candishhh.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html 2)   Kindly complete the details above - re...