Skip to main content

American Idol 7 - Girl's Night

Borrowed from the American Idol Website

It's the ladies' turn to wow us... Did they? Here's what I think

Kristy Lee Cook
Since she was the first one - it was obvious that she was nervous. I couldn't feel the song - seems like she couldn't give out the proper expression. I know she has a good voice but it didn't show much with the song.

Joanne Borgella
I love this song - but I didn't think it suited her. There were a lot of pitch problems (IMO) but hey - what do I know right?

Alaina Whitaker
This is what I'm talking about!! I can't believe she's just 16!! Her voice reminds me of Carrie Underwood's! (who's dating Chace Crawford aka Nate of Gossip Girl) I love love love this song! Soooooo cute! Nice job! I think of the first 3 - this is the best so far!!

Amanda Overmyer
Firstly - I like her - but her performance - I couldn't understand what she was saying!! It seemed like she was mumbling - maybe because I wasn't familiar with the song. But in fairness - she did make it sound like a rock song. I like the musky-ness of her voice - and she's different!

Amy Davis
It was a bad start and continued on.. A lot of pitch problems (IMO - again) But man, she does look really really good! I mean compared to the Top 24 announcement - she looked really haggard!

Brooke White
Her performance was too sweet for me. She needs to learn how to work the camera - she's pretty so she can romance the camera. I like her voice though - good thing - in the chorus - she was able to save the song! :)

Alexandrea Lushington
Great voice! I must say - I didn't see that coming, I really didn't!

Kady Maloy
She had a wonderful start - very good voice! I agree with Randy that she lost it midway. Wonderful voice though!

I think Simon is getting restless because so far - no one has performed to impress.

Asia'h Epperson
Loved her performance. I have no complaints! Love her voice - love the song. So far, one of the best.

Ramiele Malubay
I'm going to be biased on this one - since she's Pinay - i LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a great voice!! Loved everything about her performance! I have this theory - put a Pinoy/Pinay singer on the competition - for sure they'll go far.
Let's go Ramiele!! Confidence up!! Yehaaaaa!!

Syesha Mercado
Good perfomance I think it was a little better than Ramiele's but I still like Ramiele better! Hehehe...

Carly Smithson
I think she didn't do her best. It was just a so-so performance. Not the best - I think she might have sang below par. She was really good during the auditions. *Sad*

I get the feeling that this batch is kinda laid back or rather got too lax in performing. It seemed like it got into their heads that they're part of the Top 24 so they're slacking off. I think they're forgetting that they're fighting for the Top 6 positions (Girls and Boys).. Tsk.. Tsk.. It's crucial for them - they will need to do better next week! That is for those who won't get booted out! It's going to be 'bye, bye' for 2 guys and 2 girls!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Movie passes to FESTIVAL MALL CINEMAS!

This month, I am celebrating my blog's 5th anniversary! To start the month right, I am giving away eight (8) movie passes to Festival Mall Cinemas!! All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment will do! Just include your name and email address so I can contact you in case you win!! You can join as many times as you want.  Winner will be picked via Random.org. This is a winner take all contest, so only one winner will get to have all the eight (8) movie passes! Contest will run from today until the end of the week - November 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Manila time.  I will be announcing the winner on Sunday - November 7, 2010! Good luck!!

the canDIshhh tales : 10th BLOGniversary GIVEAWAY!!

10 years is, WOW! Unbelievable. So, to celebrate my 10th year of blogging today - I'm doing a GIVEAWAY hosted by my favorite brands!! :)  This is just one way of me saying THANK YOU to ALL of my readers and to ALL the brands that have given me their trust and support! Here are just some of the stuff that I will be giving away!! The coveted 2016 Starbucks Moleskine Planner ! Starbucks Beverage Coupons! Melissa Slip-Ons!! K-Pallete stuff I got in Tokyo! GIFT PACKS from the following brands: Serenitea GCs Sevilla Sausage packs Paper Chic Studio  the Bento Mommas Clorox, Glad & Pinesol Philippines Vikings Luxury Buffet GC for 2 Lysol Philippines House of Praise CDs I will make this giveaway really really SIMPLE for everyone!  Just follow do the Rafflecopter instruction and most importantly, leave the following details on the comment section below .  One comment entry PER p...

Blog Anniversary Giveaway!

For my blog's 5th anniversary, I'm giving away goodies - and it's a winner take ALL! Image borrowed from THIS site Thank you for eavesdropping for five years. I hope you enjoyed and is still enjoying reading my whatever things! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! Here's the loot: 12 - J&J Mini Body Lotions 1 - Carmex Lip Balm 2 - The Face Shop Masks 1 - Amu'in Insect Repellant 1 - Amu'in Body Mist Joining is really simple: 1)   Leave the following details on the comment section of this post:      a)  Greet me!! :)      b)  Your name      c)  Your email address ( a valid email address please!)      d)  Share this message to your social networking site:  Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, Etc.   Blog Anniversary Giveaway!   http://candishhh.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html 2)   Kindly complete the details above - re...