Skip to main content

Dialogues at Starbucks


Inspiration.

I have this theory that Inspiration is paying it forward. You must be inspired with something or by someone to have the feeling of a certain 'high' that drives you to do certain things. Thus you pay it forward by doing something that inspired you. Somehow it inspires someone thus the cycle continues.

Last Saturday - I was honored to be invited by Starbucks to join the first leg of their Dialogues at Starbucks. They had 2 guest speakers - the first was Anton Diaz of Our Awesome Planet and the second was JP Tanchanco of Tanchanco Tri-Media Productions.


Anton Diaz

As for Anton - his theme was Proud to be Pinoy. Those who follow his blog can see how proud he is of our country! I've actually never seen him do a 'talk' I've bumped into him and his lovely wife numerous times - once even travelling with him to Corregidor. You can really sense his eagerness and thirst for new discoveries. The best thing about him is that - he shares it to us through his blog. We become part of the adventure while reading his entries.


JP Tanchanco

The second speaker ws JP Tanchanco. His was a different type of talk. It was actually a very inspiring talk. I loved his positivity. You can sense and feel the 'fire' burning - like coffee - I can almost smell the taste! He was very passionate re-telling his tales of roaming the whole of the Philippines searching and asking 'Are you Happy?' While listening to him speak - I admit - I was so 'in the moment' that I felt a certain drive - an inspiration to share. I love watching documentaries and when he showed us a clip of his docu-drama - I was blown away. I really was, while watching the preview - I got teary eyed - I felt so very proud while watching the preview. I can't explain fully what I felt exactly but I felt the positivity, I felt the message - as the saying goes - tumagos sa puso - it pierced through my heart. I never felt so proud that I was Filipino.

Inspiring! That is what I have to say - I can't wait until they release the film. As I was talking to JP and Ayee - I felt their sincerity, they believed in the cause - and so pursued it.

When I got back from my Corregidor trip - I've had this nagging feeling that I couldn't quite explain. I think I've never understood what that 'feeling' was until I saw the documentary. I've so long believed in the causes of Carlos Celdran and Anton - now JP and Ayee's. I just hope that somehow - I can do my fair share.

I was telling JP and Ayee - our country needs this - we need this, to push us to become more that we can.

As they say - it begins with an inspiration, it's the fuel that makes you go further.

Also, I had the pleasure of meeting other bloggers! Coolness! It was nice meeting you Lori (again!), Nina, and Jane! Thanks so much for the invite Fran and Zarah of Starbucks!

More Dialogues at Starbucks!!

June 21, 4PM : Starbucks Coffee Silver City (near Tiendesitas)
(featuring Anton Diaz and the WeeWillDoodle team)

June 28, 4PM : Starbucks Coffee Harbor Square (CCP Complex)
(featuring Dr. William Oliver of Fauna and Flora International)

July 5, 4PM : Starbucks Coffee Leviste
(featuring Ivan Henares, Kidlat de Guia and JP Tanchanco)

Comments

  1. sounds interesting ang dialogues...sayang wala na akong time to attend. i forwarded your link to some friends. we're familiar with anton's blog. :)

    thanks for the info and thanks for dropping by my site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizeth! Thanks for visiting! Try to attend JP's it's really super insipiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me look forward to the Dialogues on the 21st. Will u be there again? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sab! I want to attend that dialogue! Hope to see you there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great Starbucks idea =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much achi didi!! *mwah* girls, i'll see you there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patty! I agree, another GREAT idea!!

    Hi Fran! See you! Hopefully!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry I missed this! They gave me a heads up but already had a prior commitment...thanks for posting the next dates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Joey! Try attending JP Tanchanco's dialogue! He's very passionate! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w