Skip to main content

FIREPROOF: The Movie

Borrowed from THIS site

Panget's mom has been convincing me for months to watch this movie. She said watching it may help me and my Panget in our future endeavor, that we should see it together - but for those who know me, I am not a mapilit person - I don't force anything on my Panget, he's free to do as he pleases (just as long as he knows his boundaries - isn't Panget the luckiest? Yes! But does he know? I hope he does!!)

It took me a while to finally see it, but at long last - I have!!

The movie is great, I mean it teaches us that love is immeasurable, giving, forgiving and most of all patient. Love sees no limits, no boundaries, and most of all is free for everyone to enjoy and cherish. The movies does address many issues that all couples face everyday. The movie teaches us to love wholly, freely and without asking for anything in return. It is very ideal, especially to those who have faith, or believe in something. There's a great feeling after watching the movie, it inspires you, makes you want to be a better person in the 'couple'.

I learned a LOT in the movie, a whole lot! BUT I have questions - I mean, the movie is set in a perfect, ideal set-up - with only one side of the couple's story that is focused on. What about the other person?

Love is indeed a many splendored thing, it moves mountains, and sees through the dark - but what if the other does not realize what the other is trying to do? How does one block out the feeling that he or she is being taken advantaged of? How can one stay in a relationship that is half empty? The movie ended positively - because Catherine realized what she had been playing blind to, but what if she never realizes this? What will happen?

I remember very well - a saying that was taught us during our Days With The Lord in ICA:
Love till it hurts. Love till it hurts some more. Love till it hurts no more.

That saying I took into heart - but then there are days that I ask myself, when is too much - too much? There are times that I feel like I have given so much, and wonder why is it that I receive so little? I am a very shallow person when it comes to emotions, I appreciate every 'Thank You' said to me, I cherish those words very much - that's why I give them so freely to people I meet. A simple gesture of a hug, a smile, or even a tap on the shoulder saying its okay - is very much appreciated. I've learned from my mom - that when you love a person, you try your very best to do what that person likes, because it makes that person happy! But what about me? Who should make me happy? There are moments that I feel so loved by my Panget and there are times that I feel so unappreciated and ignored. For those who know me well, a hug means a lot to me - I'm a very 'huggy' person - and my Panget knows this by heart - but why does he not do it? Why does he need to be reminded every single time, hurtful diba? Na kailangan mo pa hingin bago mo makuha? But what can I do right? All I can do is sit pretty and wait - but till when can I wait? My butt will be sore from waiting right?

The movie teaches us to be patient and loving - but what I want to know is - what am I supposed to do when I get to the point of questioning my worth? I can't just keep on doing the 'The Love Dare' over and over again right? Hahahaha!!

These are just my thoughts - feel free to reacting - positively, negatively or violently!

Have you seen the movie? Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

  1. I have not seen this one but I have read A LOT about it and pretty much get the drift....

    Take the dare, you and panget :) : http://lovedare.bhpublishinggroup.com/lovedare/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey achi! I heard about this video on the radio too! I went to metrowalk to find the dvd last week but they didn't have it. Did you download yours?

    Anyway, re when is too much- too much? Maybe there's no too much, like what Mother Teresa said,
    "I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. "

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoooa!!! intense thoughts, but very realistic. just some random thoughts...

    "when is too much too much?" - believe me, you'll know! and trust that God find ways to tell you

    there are numerous theories and therapies written about love, but at the end of the day it will be your head and heart which should know what to do. =)

    take care didi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen the movie yet but your post made me want to see it. Should I watch it with my husband or is it better to reflect on alone? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Minds! Hindi ko ata kaya! Hahaha...

    Hiya Chris! I saw the vcd - I copied it here on my pc, you want me to burn you a copy? :) let me know!!

    Hello Jakey!! :) Musta?!?!?! I always ask for MORE wisdom nga!! Hahaha.. Miss you na!!

    Hi Erica! I recommend you watch it with hubby and reflect together!! :) Let me know what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I've seen Facing the Giants and it's a really touching film. I'll try to look for this one.

    Blog hopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!

    Got curious with this movie. Would you know where I could get a copy?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vanessa,

    My boyfriend got a copy at Music 21 at Greenbelt.. wait, is that Music 21 or Tower Records. It's the radio store in Greenbelt 3 near Oody's :)

    It's a wonderful movie :)

    Cheers!

    BETWEEN BITES
    http://www.janedchua.com


    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mantra I used to follow to heart is:

    Love gives
    Forgives
    And ever stand with an open hand
    And while it gives,
    It lives,
    For this is love’s prerogative
    To give, give and give

    When to know enough is enough? If in marriage, the answer to this question is NEVER.

    Love,
    Jane
    BETWEEN BITES
    http://www.janedchua.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm, i wonder where i can get a copy of this..very intriguing. bakit nde ko to nakita last year???

    parang ngayon pa lang mato-touched na ako sa movie :) thanks for sharing, sis!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w