Skip to main content

Maynilad's Erroneous Meter Reading..

Update 04-16-2012
I just received our SOA dated April 12, 2012 and STILL our consumption was averaged to 41cu, same as it was in the previous bill.  I called the Maynilad hotline and they didn't know why it was the same.  The following day - a Maynilad representative went to us and informed us that there was indeed an erroneous reading done last February - that instead of 5728, the meter reader input 5782.  The current reading as of that day was 5779.  He said that he will make sure that an action will be made immediately. 
 Photo grabbed from THIS site

Everything is still done manually in our country, even the meter readings for electricity and water.  A person still has to go around the metro listing down readings.  In the recent year, I saw an improvement with Maynilad's service, instead of these meter readers reporting to their offices of the readings they've done for the day - they have a wireless device (like the wireless credit card machine) that they bring with them and it issues a statement of account.  Fast right?  Well, here's the problem.  For the current month's water bill - I noticed that we were just given an average reading which was 41cu.

Last month's water bill has to be the highest bill EVER.  We were billed with the usage of 77cu.  Of course, one couldn't argue with the meter reading right?  They had the figures!  We just assumed that we had a leak somewhere or that it was because we filled a kiddie pool for Kailee to swin in.  And so we just paid for the bill - a hefty P3,300+.  And this month - I saw that there was no reading but an average of 41cu.  This prompted me to call the Maynilad Hotline 1626 to make an inquiry, that was last March 14.

It was only today that I got a feedback.  The reason for the averaging was because of the erroneous reading made for the January to February 2012 reading.  I asked the CSR for the past 5 months consumption, so as to see how they did the averaging.

October to November 5619 to 5650
November to December 5650 to 5678
December to January 5678 to 5705
January to February 5706 to 5782
February to March 5782 to 5756

Do you see the erroneous reading?  How the hell did our water consumption jump back 26 digits?

Now, to the averaging.  Since there was an erroneous reading for the month of January to February - they could have just averaged the usage from October to January right?  But they DIDN'T!  They STILL INCLUDED the erroneous reading in the averaging!  How stupid can that be?

Now, that I was told of this feedback from Maynilad, I made an additional complaint to adjust the figures CORRECTLY and to investigate on what really happened.  I also asked for a written report to explain what happened to the erroneous reading and what they will do to make the proper adjustments (because I didn't want to keep on calling and following up!)  They told me to call back after 7 working days.

And so, the waiting game begins - AGAIN!!

Comments

  1. mine too i just experienced erroneous billing. for the month of FEBruary i found out that our meter was defective and so it was replaced by maynilad. this march i received a bill worth 5k plus and i immediately settled it even if the meter before was defective. then after a week i received another bill with a total of 14k plus. i was really shocked. there is a note at the last bill it says:this is your total bill pls disregard the
    last bill. then i called the hotline and talked to the CSR. he told me to just pay first atleast partial of the total bill. then i tried to settle everything by paying only 8k plus bec i thought that my first bill should be deducted since t was a double billing. until now almost everyday i keep on calling maynilad to follow up if there is already a revision of the bills. im expecting it will zero my balance but to my regret they are not taking actions about the revision.----09477666026 MS REGINE of sta mesa mnl

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine too i just experienced erroneous billing. for the month of FEBruary i found out that our meter was defective and so it was replaced by maynilad. this march i received a bill worth 5k plus and i immediately settled it even if the meter before was defective. then after a week i received another bill with a total of 14k plus. i was really shocked. there is a note at the 2nd bill it says:this is your total bill pls disregard the
    last bill. then i called the hotline and talked to the CSR. he told me to just pay first atleast partial of the total bill. then i tried to settle everything by paying only 8k plus bec i thought that my first bill should be deducted since t was a double billing. until now almost everyday i keep on calling maynilad to follow up if there is already a revision of the bills. im expecting it will zero my balance but to my regret they are not taking actions about the revision.----09477666026 MS REGINE of sta mesa mnl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w