Skip to main content

Maynilad.. Hay Nako..

I have a love-hate relationship with Maynilad.  I love them because I NEED my water supply, I hate them because they're very disorganized!!  Argh...



How are they disorganized?

Well, yesterday - a HOLIDAY, I got a call from our guard early in the morning.  He informed me that there were Maynilad contractors outside and they were going to change all the meters to new ones.  Since they will change the meters, we will not have water for an hour or so.  Of course, I couldn't say no right?  After while, I got another call again telling me that they will need to remove the grills protecting the meters (our water meter was stolen last year).  I refused to have them take out because it was just the meters that will be replaced!  So, I went to the gate to inspect and argue my point.  When I got to the gate, they told me that they will also be replacing the tubes.  I was irritated, I told them why not tell the whole tale - that the meter AND the tubes will be replaced so that I would know the whole story, instead of giving me the details in bits!  Argh..  So there, I agreed for them to take out the grills provided that they will put it back themselves.

It didn't end there!  When they took out the three (3) meters, I was told by the main Maynilad contractor that one of the meters was defective.  Of course I argued otherwise.  He then said it was because the meter was still in '0'.  I told him that, that particular meter for wasn't being used, that no one uses water on that particular meter.  He looked at me as if I was silly - I then challenged him, to go to their office and to inquire if the meter has moved, or if we have been charged for consuming water on that particular meter.  I then reasoned - that that's specifically why we have 3 meters around!  I was already irritated when he accused this of us.  And right after, he asked to see receipts!  WHAT THE HELL FOR?  He said that he didn't have the account numbers for the other 2 meters.  This was the silliest request ever - I told him, if they just had only ONE (1) account number = 1 meter to replace, why replace all three and claim that they don't have the account numbers?  STUPID if you ask me, and he was stumped and became quiet.

Hay nako, Maynilad.  If you knew that there will be replacement of meters and tubes, don't you think you can inform us ahead of time so we can expect the 'down time'?  and not surprise us suddenly of these changes?  You demand right there and there to have our meters replaced without informing us!  What kind of customer service is that??

Also, along Del Monte Street - you have been doing repair works ALL YEAR ROUND, destroying the perfectly good asphalt on the street and digging like crazy causing traffic and so many inconveniences to us!  Do you even know what you are doing?  Because it seems like you do not - I mean repairing the same things over and over?  Isn't that costly on your part?

Is it because of contractor kickbacks??

Sigh....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w