Skip to main content

DIDI'scoveries: Netipot by Sinucleanse

Ever since I got pregnant with Kailee, I've had sever allergies.  And it never went away.  Everyday, I would sneeze and blow my nose.  My helpers think I have all year round colds - and I honestly thought it was too!  Until, I was diagnosed with allergies.  I would drink allergy medicines, but they will just be effective for a while.  I've accepted the fact that I would have this my whole life.

One of the things that has helped me get through my allergies is the constant cleaning and vacuuming of the common rooms in the house.  I would require my helper to vacuum the common areas twice a week at least.


And then I researched online, and found Netipot.  It seemed really strange to be honest, but then a lot of people swear by it.  I have friends who have told me that it has worked for them and their allergies were managed and some even say it cured their allergies.  I was very willing to try it out - but the problem was, it wasn't available here in Manila.  I posted a status message on FB asking if there were any netipost sold in Manila - and I got a number of answers.

So last Sunday, I was in Shangri-La Mall, I made sure to drop by True Value to see if there were any still left.  When I entered the store, I asked the staff - they told me to go the counter display.  I rushed to the cashier to ask and she told me that it was already out of stock.  I was sad, but then when I turned around, I saw it!  It was there, so I picked up one and saw that there were only 3 pieces left.  What's more wonderful was that it was at 50% off!  I was planning to buy in Amazon, but was really hesitant because of the time it will take to reach me.  I opted for this since it's already here and I would be able to use it immediately.

And last night, I used it.  It felt really weird at first.  I had to breathe through my mouth.  The feeling was so weird, to best describe it - it was the feeling of drowning.  Yes - it was how it felt the first time - the solution seemed like it moved up the sinus and down again to the other nostril.  What's great about it is that it irrigates the nasal passages.  So after pouring the saline solution, on both nostrils - it feels so clean!  Mucos-less and clear!  You can breathe normally!  Galing diba?


So there, I will be doing this for the next 30days as I have a packet of 30 pieces.  Let's hope that my allergies gets managed.  I am merely hoping to lessen the allergies and not eliminate it, but if it cures it - all the better, right?  Make sure to use boiled tap water or distilled water.  Make sure too, that it's lukewarm.

To all those who are interested, you may head to the nearest True Value, Handyman, and DIY store to try your luck in finding the Netipot!

I'll be doing updates on my Facebook Page, so if you would indulge me, please like my FB page and join me as I chronicle my Netipot journey to manage my allergies!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w