Skip to main content

Gino's Brick Oven Pizza

In all honesty - two of my favorite food in the world!  Pizza and doughnuts, and yes they're housed in the same spot along Katipunan in Quezon City.


I knew of Cello's doughnuts from way back in 2006 - I was gifted by my friend Kim a box of their assorted mini doughnuts for Christmas.  I especially loved the cheese doughnut - I think it was called ensaymada doughnut before.  As for Gino's Brick Oven Pizza, I've been hearing about it from my friend Kath and Fran, but I never got the chance to try it.

Early this year, I learned that my good friends Brian and his wife invested into the company.  I was very excited because I love pizzas and doughnuts!  Here's a preview of what we ordered:

Burata
When I posted this on my IG, I got a LOT of reactions!
Brian says that their Burata run out fast!  As in really really fast! 
So come in early to be able to order this!
I loved the texture and taste of this simple yet very flavorful appetizer, I think I can munch down one whole order by myself!  hahaha... 


 BOMB
Balsamic Onions Mushroom & Blue Cheese
Who would have thought that caramelized balsamic onions will work as a pizza topping?
Well, I didn't!  Hahaha...  The sweetness of the caramelized balsamic onions, the strange but good taste of the blue cheese and the mushroom, these toppings blended well together and it was delicious! 


 SMEGG
Sausage (homemade), Mushroom and Egg
This was the most different pizza that I have ever encountered!
A runny sunny side up egg on top of a pizza?
What would that taste like?  Well - it tasted very very good!


 Classic Carbonara
Who doesn't love Carbonara?  My Kailee loved it to bits!  And so did we!


 Salted Egg Pasta
I loved the combination of this - the flavor plus the chewy pasta!
But it might be too rich for others.
I say 'Bring it on!'


 Lemon Mushroom Pasta
For those who appreciate a hint of citrus-y in their pasta, this dish is for you!
I was honestly surprised that the flavors worked well together.  I don't know if it was just me, but I am starting to appreciate  hints of lemon here and there in my food!  This is really good too!


 Bianca Verde Pizza
This is one of my favorites!  A simple yet very flavorful pizza.  
I think I like my pizzas simple and clean (looking and tasting)
We ordered this last because we were still hungy!


 Crack Pie
This one passed the standards of my Panget's sweet tooth!
And man, was it addicting!!

We enjoyed our meal very much and I think I enjoyed it the most since I love pizzas!  I liked the fact that their pizza doughs and pasta noodles are homemade and fresh.  I would have loved to order more, but my companions were already full.  I would definitely go back to try the other dishes that they have.  They also have this Spicy Honey concoction - I initially, rebuffed it, but when I tried it (poured on the pizza) it brought on so many unexplained flavors in very bite.  I wanted to put more and more, but I had to control myself as I didn't want to look all sweaty in front of friends!  Hahaha..  They sell this concoction, by the way!

What I liked the most about Gino's Brick Oven Pizza is the simplicity of the menu.  They didn't go overboard and created something so bizarre to impress its diners, instead they played with what was available, combined toppings here and there and what they created was deadly appetizing and packed so much punch in every bite of the pizza and pasta.  The menu is honest and straightforward - no pretense and usage of highfalutin or fancy foreign words for their dishes.  Its simple and that I think is why I like them more.  The food speaks for itself.

So to Brian and his partners - Congratulations!!  Here's to more branches all over the metro!!

Do come early as seating is limited and for big groups, I suggest you call in ahead to reserve. 




Gino's Brick Oven Pizza - Quezon City
Katipunan Avenue
(landmark is - Gino's is right above Mercury Drugstore)

Gino's Brick Oven Pizza - Makati
G/F Finman Bldg. Bautista cor. Tordesillas St.,
Salcedo Village, Makati


Comments

  1. Just looking at your pics makes my mouth water. Hope to try this out soon. Wala lang makasamang pizza lover eh =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy! Thank you for dropping by.. Well, I'm a pizza lover.. Tara!!

      Love, Didi

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! I hope to try this one really soon! We are relatively near, and it would be perfect for Sunday dinner when I am lazy to cook.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gooo!! It's also relatively near rin.. Hahahaha!! :) I think we'll use the same roads, hhihi! Basta the landmark is its on top of Mercury Drugstore.

      See you and chikka soon Tina!

      Love, Didi

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w