Skip to main content

Thank YOU iStudio!!

Last Tuesday, was just an ordinary day.  But then after lunch, when I opened my Macbook, I noticed that the trackpad wasn't working 100%.  Meaning when I was navigating it - and wanted to scroll down and click - I couldn't do so.  It wasn't responding at all.  I was nervous, so I would do what a normal person would - restart the computer.  

Bad decision.

It didn't restart.  What appeared was this:  



I know nothing about computers.  All I know is how to turn it on and off.  Type and surf and compose.  That's it.  Anything more - I do not have an idea to do.  So when I saw this - I tried to search on my phone. I keyed in Y sign, 2 equal sign and a circle and a rectangle, I was desperate.  And then I finally clicked Images on Google and I found out that it was called FireWire.  

I immediately called my go-to for Macbook repairs, Ynzal Marketing.  I sent my MB to them and they 'tested' it.  The person in charge, Nomer said that the letter T was stuck.  He needed to open the MB - I had no choice!  He told me that it was either a)  the Letter T was really stuck or b) there was a problem with the Circuit board.  #$%#.  Circuit board, that only meant that the entire MB is 50/50.  Bloody hell.  After a few hours, I got a call from Nomer - he told me that the circuit board is good but the letter T was stuck and and trackpad is damaged.  He told me that I needed to have the 'top case' of my MB replaced.  He then said that since my MB is an old model - from what he knows, it's considered obsolete.  That I might need to settle for a 2nd hand one - and that it was going to cost at least P3,000.00.  He would help me find one.  But for the meantime - what I can do is use an external keyboard and a mouse.  

Great.  Where will I find one?  I searched online and found one in olx.ph, it was P3,000.00 and it was black.  Then I remembered Larry Ang of iStudio.  It was from him that I bought a replacement battery for my aluminum MBP and a charger.  His service is always topnotch, he's very easy to talk to and most of all - he doesn't charge and arm and a leg.  So I took the chance and gave him a call - I was surprised that he still remembered me!  So I told him my problem - the Fire Wire screen , I asked him if he knew anyone who was selling a top case because I needed it replaced.  He asked that I send him the serial number because my MB might be considered for a replacement.  He also said that he will ask his technicians because they have trade in units - he will check first and then call me.  

The wait was honestly nerve wracking - I was so worried!  After an hour or so, he gave me a call - he said that he was on the other line with his technician, and that they found a unit similar to mine - I need to bring my MB to his store in V-Mall so they can check if its compatible.  There was only one catch - their units are all white.  Hahaha!!  I was perfectly fine with it - Larry said 'Basta mapagana lang natin!'  I totally agree, diba!  When I asked him how much it would cost - he said not to worry, about it.  I was shocked, literally SHOCKED!  I was in disbelief.  Did I hear it correctly?  Apparently, I did - he told me to look for Clark - and that Clark will take care of it.

This morning - I went to iStudio in V-Mall, I looked for Clark - I was praying so hard that the top case will be compatible - and it IS!!  Presenting my newest Macbook!  Hahaha...



I am still in disbelief that iStudio replaced it for FREE!  I mean, FREE - nothing, I was not charged a single centavo.  No service charge - NOTHING!  I am very very thankful and forever grateful!  Larry Ang of iStudio - THANK YOU and may God Bless you, your family and your business!!

My Macbook looks funny - but I don't care anymore - as long as it works!  

Thank you talaga iStudio - SUPER!!

This is what you call CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I mean, they can opt to charge me - but they didn't!  They could be greedy and charge a desperate person who needed a part badly - but they didn't.  They chose the high road - WOW.  I am so amazed.  

So if you need anything - go to iStudio!  They have branches everywhere.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w