Skip to main content

Ensaymada loooove from Portobello Bakery

Whenever I'm asked what my favorite ensaymada is.  There is only one answer - it's Chona's Homemade Treasures Ensaimadas.  I swear, its the best that I've tried.  It has been my benchmark for all ensaymadas, I have this certain hesitation when trying ensaymadas to be honest - because I don't want to be disappointed.  I don't want to waste calories for nothing - honest!  And I feel that most ensaymadas are dry and not soft to the bite.  My standards have changed since having Chona's ensaymada.

When I got home from the long weekend, I was surprised to see a box of ensaymadas from Portobello Bakery (same owners of Cookies Unlimited).  I need to be honest.  I was a bit hesitant.  As I said, I didn't want to be disappointed.  But then, I knew that Aubrey won't send me some if she didn't feel confident about them.




The box looked so pretty.  Something that I love about Cookies Unlimited and Portobello Bakery is that they take into consideration the packaging.  I am one who appreciates nice packaging.  I like it when they're dainty - even if it was simple, for me - it showcases the personality of the bakers.  First impressions, diba?  I need it to be presented *cleanly*.  You know what I mean.  And my first impression was that it looked really nice, clean and elegant.  Look at the box.  Look at how the ensaymada was carefully wrapped.  Look at the stickers.  Those details are important to me.  Well, the taste if of the most value, but then how your present matters to me.  But that's just me.




I was really nervous.  I held on to one piece, and noticed the plastic wrap, I love frosted plastic wraps, and they're not thin - they're quite thick.  I took pulled off the sticker (I took it out smoothly!) and opened it, smelled the ensaymada and I immediately decided to take a bite.  

It was very very soft.  That alone convinced me to make another bite.  It was really good.  Not just good - the ensaymada smelled wonderful.  I loved that I could taste the cheese and it wasn't overyly sweet,  It was really good.  I mean really good.  I had my Panget try a bite and he asked for a whole piece!  We don't usually lean towards ensaymadas but tasting this ensaymada from Portobello Bakery - we're loving every bite of it.  

I must say, this ensaymada has bagged one of the top spots of my ensaymada heirarcy.  This is a close second to my favorite Homemade Treasures.  Chona, you need to watch out for Portobello Bakery.  It's getting close!  Hihihi..

If you're into ensaymadas - please do head on to SM Megamall Building B where Portobello Bakery has a stall on the 5th floor and get yourselves some.  I promise you, you won't regret it - it's totally worth the calories.  

Thank you Aubrey!

Now I have two favorite ensaymadas.  Hihihihihi...


5/F Megamall Building B
+639178315050
+6326224777




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Movie passes to FESTIVAL MALL CINEMAS!

This month, I am celebrating my blog's 5th anniversary! To start the month right, I am giving away eight (8) movie passes to Festival Mall Cinemas!! All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment will do! Just include your name and email address so I can contact you in case you win!! You can join as many times as you want.  Winner will be picked via Random.org. This is a winner take all contest, so only one winner will get to have all the eight (8) movie passes! Contest will run from today until the end of the week - November 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Manila time.  I will be announcing the winner on Sunday - November 7, 2010! Good luck!!

the canDIshhh tales : 10th BLOGniversary GIVEAWAY!!

10 years is, WOW! Unbelievable. So, to celebrate my 10th year of blogging today - I'm doing a GIVEAWAY hosted by my favorite brands!! :)  This is just one way of me saying THANK YOU to ALL of my readers and to ALL the brands that have given me their trust and support! Here are just some of the stuff that I will be giving away!! The coveted 2016 Starbucks Moleskine Planner ! Starbucks Beverage Coupons! Melissa Slip-Ons!! K-Pallete stuff I got in Tokyo! GIFT PACKS from the following brands: Serenitea GCs Sevilla Sausage packs Paper Chic Studio  the Bento Mommas Clorox, Glad & Pinesol Philippines Vikings Luxury Buffet GC for 2 Lysol Philippines House of Praise CDs I will make this giveaway really really SIMPLE for everyone!  Just follow do the Rafflecopter instruction and most importantly, leave the following details on the comment section below .  One comment entry PER p...

Blog Anniversary Giveaway!

For my blog's 5th anniversary, I'm giving away goodies - and it's a winner take ALL! Image borrowed from THIS site Thank you for eavesdropping for five years. I hope you enjoyed and is still enjoying reading my whatever things! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! Here's the loot: 12 - J&J Mini Body Lotions 1 - Carmex Lip Balm 2 - The Face Shop Masks 1 - Amu'in Insect Repellant 1 - Amu'in Body Mist Joining is really simple: 1)   Leave the following details on the comment section of this post:      a)  Greet me!! :)      b)  Your name      c)  Your email address ( a valid email address please!)      d)  Share this message to your social networking site:  Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, Etc.   Blog Anniversary Giveaway!   http://candishhh.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html 2)   Kindly complete the details above - re...