Skip to main content

Cooking Quest: Chimichurri Sauce

Ever since I tried this sauce in Gaucho, the Argentine restaurant in Robinson's Magnolia, it left a lovely impression on my palate.  I forgot about it for a while and then was reminded of it again when I tried Senor Pollo early this year.  Whenever we had simple get togethers at home, I would drive to Senor Pollo and order extra helpings of the Chimichurri sauce.  I loved it so much that I would just eat it with rice or bread!  Hahaha..

A few months ago after binge watching Master Chef, I realized that contestants were making it left and right.  I searched the recipe on Google memorized it but never got around to making one.  But a few weeks ago, I suddenly had this urge to make one.  It was perfect because it coincided with our supermarket day.

It was a success, flavor wise.  The appearance wasn't quite there, but it tasted good!  Hahaha..  This is what my first attempt looked like:



It was mush.  I used my Braun Mutliquick 3 Hand Blender - I used the hand blender beaker to chop up all the ingredients and poured in the oil - and it turned into mush.  I think I over chopped the ingredients.  The flavor was there, but the appearance was not.  Hahaha!  So my attempt #1 just got a passing mark.  Hehehe..  But we finished it in a few days.

Then last Saturday, I suddenly needed to buy chicken breast and as I was walking to the counter to pay - I saw the greens sections, they had parsley!  I bought a huge pack and headed home.  I wanted to make the Chimichurri sauce again.

So I went home, used the hand blender sans the beaker - and it turned out pretty successful!  Look at it:



Not bad right?  Well, I think it was a success because it didn't turn into mush!  Hahaha..:)

Here's the recipe that I used, I am apologizing ahead because I did not use exact measurements, I just made it according to taste.

2 Cups Parsely Leaves
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Small Onion chopped
Oregano
Chili Flakes
Oil
Red Wine Vinegar

The recipes that I've found online said to chop the parsley leaves.  I tried chopping but found that it took too long.  So I just put the leaves in a bowl and used the hand blender to chop it all up.  Then I put the garlic (you can use 2 cloves first and then taste, if you feel you need to add more, do so) and then the chopped onion (you add a little at a time and then add according to your taste).

Then pour the oil into the mixture and blend well.  Then add a few drops of the red wine vinegar.  I say few drops so you can adjust the taste to your liking.  The add rock salt to flavor.  Again, add little by little to adjust the taste - remember when you add more than enough, it will be harder to correct.

Add the chili flakes depending on your heat preference.  Then a few oregano leaves (I just used the dried ones and I just put very little).  Don't forget to taste as you go along, so you'll know how to adjust the taste to your liking.  I can't emphasize enough on tasting as you go along.

This recipe will make about 75% of a Mason Pint Jar.

Voila!

You have your own Chimichurri sauce!


Comments

  1. Bookmarking this. Recipe for Latin Chicken naman next! hahahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear about chimichurri sauce all the time in those Food Network cooking shows but have never tried it. What do you eat with it ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Movie passes to FESTIVAL MALL CINEMAS!

This month, I am celebrating my blog's 5th anniversary! To start the month right, I am giving away eight (8) movie passes to Festival Mall Cinemas!! All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment will do! Just include your name and email address so I can contact you in case you win!! You can join as many times as you want.  Winner will be picked via Random.org. This is a winner take all contest, so only one winner will get to have all the eight (8) movie passes! Contest will run from today until the end of the week - November 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Manila time.  I will be announcing the winner on Sunday - November 7, 2010! Good luck!!

the canDIshhh tales : 10th BLOGniversary GIVEAWAY!!

10 years is, WOW! Unbelievable. So, to celebrate my 10th year of blogging today - I'm doing a GIVEAWAY hosted by my favorite brands!! :)  This is just one way of me saying THANK YOU to ALL of my readers and to ALL the brands that have given me their trust and support! Here are just some of the stuff that I will be giving away!! The coveted 2016 Starbucks Moleskine Planner ! Starbucks Beverage Coupons! Melissa Slip-Ons!! K-Pallete stuff I got in Tokyo! GIFT PACKS from the following brands: Serenitea GCs Sevilla Sausage packs Paper Chic Studio  the Bento Mommas Clorox, Glad & Pinesol Philippines Vikings Luxury Buffet GC for 2 Lysol Philippines House of Praise CDs I will make this giveaway really really SIMPLE for everyone!  Just follow do the Rafflecopter instruction and most importantly, leave the following details on the comment section below .  One comment entry PER p...

Blog Anniversary Giveaway!

For my blog's 5th anniversary, I'm giving away goodies - and it's a winner take ALL! Image borrowed from THIS site Thank you for eavesdropping for five years. I hope you enjoyed and is still enjoying reading my whatever things! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! Here's the loot: 12 - J&J Mini Body Lotions 1 - Carmex Lip Balm 2 - The Face Shop Masks 1 - Amu'in Insect Repellant 1 - Amu'in Body Mist Joining is really simple: 1)   Leave the following details on the comment section of this post:      a)  Greet me!! :)      b)  Your name      c)  Your email address ( a valid email address please!)      d)  Share this message to your social networking site:  Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Friendster, Etc.   Blog Anniversary Giveaway!   http://candishhh.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html 2)   Kindly complete the details above - re...