Skip to main content

What is happening to my body?!

Change.
It's one of the few constants in this world.

I am 39.
My body is 39.
I gave birth last year, and I felt ALL the difference.

It must be the age.
It is the age.
PERIOD.

The back pain.  Sciatica.
The numbing of the hands and fingers.
Being tired from little activity.
Just wanting to shut out from the world.

My body as I've mentioned before is NOT the same.
I have felt it from being pregnant.
I was more tired.
Maybe because I had two older kids to look out for.
Plus we had helper issues.
I was tired, but it was doable.

After giving birth, there was no rest.
Even if Shobe is a calm, chill and a good baby (thanks to the Babyplus System!)
I still had to breastfeed.
I still had to care for the two older kids.
I still had a household to manage.
I still had to pick up Connor from school.
I still had to work.
I still had needed to be a wife and a mother.

What I didn't expect was - getting sick.
Even if I was sick - I still had to function.
There is no SICK LEAVE when it comes to motherhood.

Ever since giving birth, I have been sick at least 7 to 8 times when you think about it, almost every month, I was sick.

Right now.  I am sick.  AGAIN.

I welcomed the Holy Week break with open arms thinking that I would be resting the whole time. And I really did!  It was a first time for me to be sleeping in,  doing nothing but just resting and relaxing - staying indoors and chilling out.  Then on Easter Sunday - well, when I woke up - I knew something was wrong.  I had a hard time swallowing.  When I drank water - my throat was really painful, I could feel the some lymph nodes on my neck.  I had a headache, my joints were aching too and my body felt so heavy that I moved oh so slowly.

All I wanted to do was close my eyes and just lie in bed.

And that was what I did the whole day.

Kailee even commented that I looked really tired because I was not moving on the bed.  I checked my temperature and had a fever of 38.5.  I drank Biogesic + Immunpro and slept.  When I woke up, I felt a little better - but once I tried to get off the bed - I knew I wasn't any better.

So I went back to bed.

I honestly don't know if the virus are stronger or if I have become weaker.  Maybe both?
Was it because I rested too much?
Is there such a thing as resting too much?
What do you think?

I have taken double dosage of Vitamin C and Calcium since getting pregnant.
I've also started taking B Complex because of tingling feelings I have on my fingers and hands.

I know it's the age.
It's like a never ending adventure (of being sick).
It sucks.
It really sucks.
I really dislike it.

But what am I to do?

I feel tired most of the time.
Some say to exercise.
But I already feel tired and I still need to breastfeed/pump.
The thought of it is already overwhelming.

I miss being able to function properly.
As much as I want to go about my normal day, I simply can't.

I can't shut everything out, right?
But it's taking a toll on things I need to do on a daily basis.

My SIL is also in the same boat.
She told me, it's really the age.
As much as we need to take care of our bodies first, we're just unable to do so.

Is there a vitamin I can take, that is similar to Super Mario's Star?
Hahahahahahaha!!

I'm just tired of getting sick.
It's frustrating.

But I'm okay.
Enjoying the baby.

Hihi...

Get well to me!!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w