Skip to main content

The First Customer a.k.a Buena Mano

I woke up very early today hoping to be one of the early birds. As I arrived, thinking that I was late already (I was told that the sale starts at 10am, I got there at 944am) I got the shock of my life when I stepped out of the elevator at the 36th Floor of the Petron Mega Plaza. The first thing I saw was the banner stand that mentioned a Buy1 Take1 promo. Then the next thing I saw was blue boxes stacked up and side by side. As I walked to the entrance, I was bewildered to see that my mom and I were the only ones there. There was this other person, she was stacking the shoe boxes and arranging them properly. I asked her if the sale has already started and she replied that she's just fixing the stuffs so that when her bosses arrive, the sale will start. We jokingly asked her if we could take a peek since no one was there, she smiled and agreed. And so my mom and I started to open the shoe boxes and 'usi' the designs of the shoes. I was very disappointed with the selection, and so was my mom! The sizes were all so big! I'm a size 7 (I thought that was BIG na!) the sizes there were mostly size 8's 9's and 10's. So in short, wala kaming size! Since we were already there, we went around the place and looked into every single stack. Hoping to find a nice pair. I was able to find one purple slip-on, I was lucky because there was only one box in my size!! I grabbed it and held on to it (Just in case may makakuha.. maiinis ako) 30minutes after my friend Selene arrived. She was shocked to see that there were only 3 people inside the place! The area was really small it was about 3m x 4m. Maliit talaga! One of the organizers arrived at about 1130am, and since I got na the pair that I liked.. I was customer number 1!! I was the first one the organizer made a receipt to!! And whilst paying, she asked for my name. When she heard it, she said na it sounded familiar, she asked if I frequent the GirlTalk message boards, I said yes. As it turns out, she bought an item from me before.. (what it was, hindi ko na maalala!!) We had a common friend as well, si Jake a.k.a. Georgia!! Haha..

I had fun naman, but was quite disappointed because of the selection of the shoes! Amix told me that they'll have another sale next year! I can't wait!!!

Thanks Jake, for the heads up!!
Thanks Mommy and Selene for accompanying me!!
Thanks Amix, for being so nice!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w