Skip to main content

Farewell dinner...

Last night, my panget and I had dinner with his college buds at TOC (Top of the CITI). It's been a long time since I last saw them (I think it was Julie's baby shower), with the exception of Grace and of Barbs. This dinner was somewhat special because it was Grace and Francis' despedida - they're moving to New Zealand this Saturday.

When I heard the news, I was in disbelief, I couldn't believe that it was already March! I remember Grace telling us that the plan was that March - they're supposed to leave, but she was still unsure - maybe she was giving themselves a margin for error of some sort. Anyhoo, I received a message on friendster from Barbs, informing me of the despedida dinner and to get a bon voyage card and to remind my panget about it - of course, since Lolo Edmund is crippled(due to his recent torn ACL injury) he might forget. After reading the message, there was no feeling. But last night, when I saw Grace, the idea of her relocating sank in. Yes, she's really leaving and moving to New Zealand.

Since Barbs and Grace are best friends, I asked my panget candidly 'Mag-iiyakan ba sila?' To which he replied 'Makikita natin sa dinner' with a smirk on his face. I was expecting a little tears - but when we sat down at the dinner table, I asked Barbs and she said 'Iniyak ko na lahat yan' So, I guess she did cry, by her hubby's testimony - she cried buckets. That's understandable - because I went through the same ordeal - except of course my best friend came back naman. Barbs need not worry because there's the information gateway - the internet at her side. Whenever she feels the need to communicate with Grace - all she needs to do is turn of the computer and write away.

Barbs claims that she's cried all the tears - I beg to differ, I also thought I wouldn't cry anymore when my best friend left for Singapore - but as it turns out, when she called me from the airport - tears started welling up and I couldn't help but cry - cry buckets that is (in the middle of Greenhills - while shopping, mind you! My panget was clueless on why I was crying! When I told him who I was speaking with - he just smiled, sort of understood what was going on and told me 'May internet naman noh!' then hugged me) To be honest, I had a feeling na Grace was naiiyak na but trying her best not to shed a tear. But when Eleanor handed Grace her gift and opened it - she was super making pigil not to cry - but I can see that her eyes were becoming watery. Good thing no one cried, because if someone cried - it will cause a chain of events - everybody will start crying - me included. I feel kind of silly that I 'feel' for Grace and Barbs - I don't know why! I guess I'm emotional that way, I'm very empathetic - I even cry on TV commercials! Konti lang - luluha na.. (ask my panget - he swears by it!! promise!)

Barbs - it's okay, you can always visit Grace!! :) You can email one another pa! Good thing there's the internet - at least you can chat, email, or speak to one another. My panget is just a phone call or text away (if you want his company that is.. hehehe. :) ) Schedule a chat session! (I know it's juvenile - but I swear, it helps)
Grace - Bon Voyage!! As I promised, I will visit you - someday.. :) Have a nice time! Our next dinner would be in New Zealand na, with Barbs - hahahaha!! (nananaginip pa ata ako!!) Teach me the New Zealand accent! Hihi.. :) Sun Hong!! :) If you decide to come back to Manila - we'll all be here for you (kung gusto mo may mga matching banners and streamers pa at the airport!)
Tricia & Adrian - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm excited to see a mini-Adrian this time! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w