Skip to main content

Saturday Delight

Two weeks ago, Lydia decided to have lunch with our seatmates during high school - with me, Tin and Sharon. We had set it 2 weeks ago. And last Friday - Tin and Sharon backed out. I told Lydia that we should just push through with the lunch since we already set it. We can just arrange another lunch with Tin and Sharon. Lydia told me that she was inviting Sandra Toh-Tan - I was delighted, I was actually glad Lydia invited her, and then I thought of inviting Karol Ong to join us. I thought she might like to join us. When I called Karol - she told me she couldn't make it. But the next day - she said she will make it, cause she had found someone to cover for her in the OP.

And so last Saturday - I had lunch with some of my high school classmates. It has been years since we last saw one another or chatted with each other. I met up with Lydia, Ragos, Sandra and Karol at Cibo in Shangri-La Mall. It's been so long since we last saw one another - except for Karol - because we had lunch last year, but still - it's been a long time.

Having lunch with them brought back so many memories. We were all so different then and similar at the same time (how contradicting) I have a fond memory for each person, and if you're reading this - please don't kill me. Haha.. To be fair - let's start alphabetically (1st quarter seat plan)

Karol Ong - I remember her as a passionate Tennis fan. She would bring Tennis magazines and would update me on whats happening with whom at what Open. I remember too that she wanted to be a doctor - and Opthalmologist specifically - but now, she's leaning more to being a Neurologist. She's one of those positive engergied people in class. She was quiet but when you get to know her - there's substance and depth

Jennifer Ragos Tan - we all fondly call her Ragos, simply because there were so many Jennifer Tan's in the batch. I remember her being madiskarte - she would bring all sorts of things to clas and sell them to us. Another fond memory of her was that she would always cram and declare 'Oh no! Babagsak na ako! Hindi ko pa nagagawa yung paper for ___!' She would be panicky and sometimes moody. When she declares she's going to fail - it's a sign that she won't! Hahaha.. It was just 2 years ago that I learned that she was the cousin of a good friend of mine. What a small world?!

Lydia Tan-Paredes - Lydia has always sat infront of me - we would always be seatmates during the first quarter. There's one instance that I remember so fondly - and that was in CLE (Christian Life Education) class - we were reading the bible - and I decided to lay my head on the table. Lydia willingly offered to hold up the bible to cover my head. And she ended up holding it for 45 minutes or so - because I fell asleep! Thanks Lydia!! Another fond memory would be when we were bored - the four of us (Lydia, Sharon, Tin and I) would have a drawing contest. We would decide on a theme and then proceed to draw - at the end of the class, we'd decide who had the best interpretation of the theme!

Sandra Toh-Tan - one of my favorite seatmates ever!! Not only were we seatmates during the first quarter but I think 2-3 quarters a year! She would always sit behind me. I love sitting next to her because she had the most complete notes ever! Whatever the teacher said - she writes it down - and when exam time comes up! People would line up to have her notes photocopied! She's the best crammer I've ever met! She also is one of the most considerate person ever! One thing I remember very well was when college results came out - she declared that she would never study in Ateneo - simply because her dad went to Ateneo. She went to CSB - and became an Interior Designer.

I'm so glad I had lunch with them. I had so much fun laughing and hearing their love stories! I hope it doesn't end here - I hope we get together more often. Here's to more lunches and dinners!! :)

Cheers!!

(L-R) Moi, Karol, Lydia, Sandra and Ragos

Comments

  1. Hi didi! Jennifer's my co-dentist's shobe, hehehe. :D Small world! Pareho silang dalawang mahilig magsideline, selling us bacon (lean daw), tissue, cell cards and wacoal undies.hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. high school reunions make me nostalgic~~ too bad i can't meet up with my classmates and/or seatmates at my whim cuz i'm 200,000 kms apart from them :_(

    i miss my XS days

    ReplyDelete
  3. high school reunions make me nostalgic~~ too bad i can't meet up with my classmates and/or seatmates at my whim cuz i'm 200,000 kms apart from them :_(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Char! :) We were just discussing how she was kinda scared to open up her own practice! :) Hope to see you soon! :) Bigla kitang na-miss!!

    Hello janusngo! Thanks for dropping by! So you're from that school beside us! Cool! No plans of coming back?

    ReplyDelete
  5. heya candish~~

    yes i'm from the notorious school beside yours :P

    sorry for the late reply kasi i was away in morocco (and i still smell like donkey poo) and just got back.

    hopefully i can go back to manila for a visit. i really miss my kada back home and the familiar sights of manila

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're all so cute and pretty. except for the girl(?) wearing the pink lacoste shirt in the middle with curly hair. *shudder*... maid ninyo?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w