Skip to main content

Cookbook Kitchen

borrowed this image from Anton's blog
Last night I went to dinner with my Panget and his family - this was to celebrate his birthday the day before. I learned of this place from Christine (who learned it from Anton) - I was very eager to try it out, and my Panget and I finally did last month.

We picked this place for my Panget's Birthday treat because this restaurant is quiet, serves comfort food and at the same time it's not crowded (for Baby Elle's sake). It's tucked in a small street in Mandaluyong - if you're driving too fast - you just might miss it. (No kidding!)

When we arrived - we were the only ones there first - there were no other customers yet - and it was quiet, slightly dimmed - kinda homey. The servers were all smiling and attentive. The place is like a small living room that was converted into a restaurant - it was small but not that small - it can probably hold a function that would fit 40 people.

When the rest of my Panget's family members arrived - I was kind of nervous that they might not like the food there. Not that I think the resto is not so great, but I think they a high expectation of the taste of the food. We ordered the following dishes:
- Parmersan Crusted White Fish
- Fish Casserole
- Pork Steak with Honey Mustard
- Pan-fried Chicken
- CBK Chicken

20 minutes had passed and our orders haven't been served yet, my Panget's dad was starting to complain and asked the servers if they gave any free bread since our orders were taking forever. The smiled, apologized and said they didn't. I think maybe they should next time - as the baking time (if you're getting the Fish dishes) takes a little longer than usual. Good thing that after a few minutes - they our food arrived!

Parmesan Crusted White Fish

The verdict? THEY ALL LOVED THE FOOD! I loved the Fish Casserole, my Panget loved his Pork Chops, my Panget's mom, dad and sister loved the Parmesan Crusted White Fish! It was a runaway winner!

I was impressed with the food - everything they served us tasted magnificent. I'm not exaggerating but - they tasted so great that we had a second order of the Parmesan Crusted White Fish! Now, I know why this remains their best seller!

I can't wait to eat there again!!

Cookbook Kitchen
Socorro Fernandez Street,
Mandaluyong City
Tels. 724-3595

Here's the map below in case you're interested to visit them:

Comments

  1. Oh, wow! :) I'd love to try this! Achie Jenn ( jencc.wordpress.com ) loves this place, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shobe! You know Jenn too!? We go to the same Yoga studio! :) Small world ah!! Kakaiba na ito!

    Try it shobe! Let's go together with Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aba, let's! let's go together nga!! stan and i always look at the menu, and we just always order the parmesan white fish. hahahaha! then we always order one slice of scarlet cake, and then it's ALWAYS kulang, so we order another one! hahahahahahah! Let's go!! Kev studies in the school beside it!

    ----
    jencc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w