Skip to main content

Bangkok - Day 3

We were more relaxed - decided to go to Platinum Mall as suggested by Mabs the night before. He said we will surely enjoy shopping in this mall. And we surely did! Having enjoyed walking around the whole mall - we forgot to take pictures!! Hahaha... Ladies, you will go crazy in this mall. I won't say anything much but - you've got to get your butts down there!! We had lunch at Platinum's Food Court - we were actually tired to find a restaurant. Hehe..

I think the 4 of us felt too tired that we were all feeling kinda loopy. I guess we walked so much! Haha.. After Platinum Mall, we walked ourselves to Siam Discovery, and found our way up to the store called Loft. Those Hong Kong fanatics are familiar with this place, they sell cutie goodies, most importantly - ballpens! Haha.. Too bad their ballpen collection was mediocre - the selection was very limited - sort of like National Bookstore. Nevertheless, I got myself 2 pens - Uni-ball's Vision Elite to be exact. Now, why that pen? Well, that pen is designed for frequent travellers (I think) - it boasts that the ink won't spill/leak when on an airplane. You see, I know my pens - it's my passion! hahaha..

After Siam Discovery, we moved next door to Siam Center. We didn't get to walk around much because we were so tired! We didn't realize that we walked like 5 floors and walked through ALL the lanes one by one (that's how OC I am.. you need to be systematic you know!) I was excited to get to Siam Paragon for the sole reason of tasting - iBerry Ice Cream!!

We then sampled a few flavors and after 5 minutes decided to order already! I ordered French Vanilla Tea, KY got the Thai Milk Tea, SE got the Coconut Sorbet and my Panget got the Nutella. I was supposed to take photos, but the staff prohibited me to do so, I don't know why! And so - this below is the only pics that were taken.

(Clockwise) Nutella, French Vanilla Tea,
Thai Milk Tea, Coconut Sorbet

Being in a daring mood - I decided to try the...... Tamarind Sorbet! It was not half bad, but man was it sour! But I think it grows on you. Maybe next time? Hahaha!! I wish!! (As in really wish)

My Panget requested this! Hahaha..

On our way home, I was asking my girls where they wanted to have dinner. KY asked in a sweet tone if it was okay for us to have dinner at the apartment. She was too tired! Well, we all were! Can you imagine that we walked from 9:45am up until 5:pm? We only had little rest period! As KY would say - it was like walking the whole of Ayutthaya the day before! Hahaha.. Since we decided to stay in - we also thought - why not buy street food and enjoy it at the apartment?! Good idea right? Uh, greaaaaaat idea!! I'm so glad my friends are so easy to please! Thank goodness!!!


Street food at Soi Lang Suan

What's nice with Bangkok is that they have a directory/yellow pages for Take-Out foods! It was really convenient because they even had the menus printed with their ads! I tasked KY to be the ones to order. She picked Cabbages & Condoms (don't ask me why?!) but it was a good decision - as the food tasted fab!! Really yummy yummy Thai take-out! We all loved the Mee Krob!




After dinner - SE and I were recharged! We decided to go to Suan Lum again to get the things she needed. Good thing we went, because if we waited till the next day - I think we would be too tired already

What a wonderful shopping day!!

Comments

  1. Didn't get to go to Platinum Mall when I was there in 2005. But I remember going to MBK, Siam Center. Cute nga items sa Loft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Em! I love Loft! But I like HK's Loft better. Mas may laman eh! Hehehe.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with u, I love everything served at Cabbage & Condoms despite an unappetizing name of the resto :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w