Skip to main content

Dinner at Mamou

I've been hearing from my friend Kath that Mamou's steaks are great!

To be perfectly honest - I'm not keen on eating at any Serendra restaurant - because the ones my Panget and I have tried - we were let down. There was only one prior to Mamou that we liked.

But we had to pick Serendra for last Saturday's dinner - as it was requested by one of my Panget's college buddies. And since Panget was a steak lover - Mamou it was!

I liked the fact that the restaurant is following a first and second seating policy. It makes reservations easier and is a little more 'civilized'. This so reminds me of the Alaskan cruise I took years ago! Thanks Annie for the great service!!

Anyhoo - I got the Beer Battered Fish and Chips while my Panget opted for the Twin Steak!

Beer Battered Fish and Chips

The Fish and Chips were just alright - I was expecting something more, a better kick or more pieces! But it was really done in a very simple manner. But what was nice about this dish is that they serve it with 2 sauces - one was the tartar sauce and the other was the malt vinegar sauce. At first it may seem odd that there was a vinegar sauce, I mean I've actually never seen a Fish and Chips dish served with any other sauce except for the usual tartar sauce, so this was definitely different. When I dipped it and tasted it - my gosh, I was amazed! The flavor was all over! It tasted great! Which was really unexpected. I liked the vinegar more than the tartar sauce! It was more yummy! But I think one needs to get used to the vinegar taste. Hehehe..

Twin Steak
(I'm not sure on the name, but I heard it was called that)

My Panget on the other hand loved loved loved the steak! I noticed that he was eating quite slower than the rest of us, when I asked him this (after dinner) - he told me that he was savoring every bite! He was making it a point to eat very slowly so could enjoy each bite more! There was one complaint though - it was very oily and the plate wasn't tilted as it was supposed to be. But he was very satisfied with the steak, I mean very satisfied. He's a steak guy and for him to praise Mamou's steak - well that only means one thing, it was really good! He also loved the sidings of Corn and Mashed Potatoes - I loved them too!

A closer look.. yummy right??

If you're looking for a great steak place - go to Mamou! It's the best my Panget has tried so far! I believe him - and look at the images we took - it looks soooo good!

Mamou
Serendra
Tel. 02-856-3569
Cel. 0917-8162668

Comments

  1. you should bring edmund to elbert's steak room at dela costa street also... yun talaga all steaks... nothing else.. you can eat his portion of the soup and salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Your dad told us! He was making Panget hungry with his kwentos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the steak at mamou. one of the best ones i've had so far. the beer battered chicken is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks sarap......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pepper! I'll try the chicken next time. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Hello Sakai, it's really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fish and chips is traditionally served with malt vinegar and salt. back then, whole atlantic cod fillets were coated in either a beer or yeast batter and fried to seal in the moisture/steam the fish. the coating was originally meant to be peeled off but it tasted good, hence....

    i suppose that fish used in mamou's creamy dory.

    what a measly serving of chips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w