Skip to main content

Fasting

Image borrowed from this site

Last Saturday, a friend of my Panget was sharing to us a miracle that happened to her. She has been begging and praying for the longest time that her husband stop smoking but nothing has happened. Since she attended Sunday Christian Church regularly - she has been hearing of prayers being answered, especially if coupled with a sacrifice. She then thought to herself that she would try it at least - without expectation. And so she decided to fast, just one meal a day, and for the two meals - she would instead meditate or pray.

For a while, nothing happened - she was getting skeptical, but then her Pastor told her to hold on and have faith. Come Sunday, they went to Church again - after the celebration, her husband turned to her and handed her his box of cigarettes and told her 'Throw these away'. When she heard it - tears began to fall and she was crying. Her husband not knowing what happened was shocked and bewildered. It was only when they went home that she explained why she cried - it was because her prayers have been answered! Her husband has been off cigarettes for six months now!

When I heard this, I realized something. That when I pray - I always ask something from Him without thinking of what I can do for Him. So that was when I decided that I will give back by fasting too! I know it's going to be hard, especially for a person who loves to eat! I thought, maybe it was easy - because I've tried fasting during Lent and abstaining from meat (for 6 successful months now!) But since I know it's for Him - why not step it up one level, right? And so today, I'm on my 4th day fasting (eating one meal a day) I tell you, it's not easy at all! My body is still getting used to it, there are moments when I want to eat or I crave for something - but when I tell myself 'this is for You' the craving stops. I hope this sacrifice will make me closer to Him and appreciate Him even more.

I know I will encounter a lot of criticisms, knowing looks and questions. But I have to be strong - I've already been asked - why I am doing this? Well, I just tell them, it's my sacrifice! If there are people who don't eat beef because of their belief - I respect that, but this - well, this is my sacrifice, this is for my spiritual life.


Wish me luck!! :)

Comments

  1. i hope ur taking in some anti ulcer medications like Zantac or Nexium... diets can be good, but i can cause hyperacidity leading to Gastritis or gastirc ulcer formation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your fasting-- I hope you find what you're looking for :)
    O, pa'no na ang food blog surfing? Ha ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, admirable. :) Kaya mo yan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sakai, I don't think I need it yet. But thanks!

    Hiya Manggy! Thanks ah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Minds! Thanks for the support!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. better safe than sorry, once u feel something.. it might be too late...any comment abt this manggy
    p.s. ill be praying for you too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sakai, thanks for your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. idol kita achie!! i can never ever do that for fear of having ulcer :( good luck and im here rooting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hah, napabalik pa ako... Anyway, actually erosive gastritis from fasting is relatively rare. My advice is to see after a week or two if you feel anything weird stomach-wise. If you do, probably better to stop the fast. It would also be wise to have check-ups more often and to have your blood pressure monitored occasionally to avoid possible syncope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Manggy! Thanks for the concern!

    Hiya Sab! Try mo rin, so we can be buddies! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Mama!

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (July). For this month, we join the National Nutrition Council - Department of Health in celebrating Nutrition Month with the theme "Isulong ang Breastfeeding - Tama, Sapat at EKsklusibo!" Participants will share their experiences in promoting breastfeeding or their tips on how breastfeeding should be promoted. Please scroll down to the end of this post and check out the other carnival participants." When I got pregnant, I knew instantly that I would be breastfeeding my baby.  My mom found it odd that I decided to breastfeed - this was because I grew up formula fed.  My twin brother and I were given formula since birth, there was no attempt whatsoever to breastfeed.  In fact my mom recounted that she was given medicine to stop the milk production.  My pedia, Dr. Joy Ty-Sy said that during my mom's time (when she had us) it was the boom of formulas, that it was the trend that time.  I grew up with formula, my c

ANSON SUPERMARKET - Grocery delivery!!

Sharing is caring, so we can't keep it a secret any longer.  THIS is where we get out groceries!  Well, Anson Supermarket has been where we have been purchasing all of our kids' diapers!  From Kailee to Connor to Shobe!  Yes, yes, yes! A week into the lockdown, it just occurred to us that we can get our groceries from them - but then we thought, we didn't want to force them to do it - after all it's a different time now.  But when we asked and they said yes, it was like we won the lottery.  We sent out our list - a very VERY SPECIFIC list and voila after a day or two (we weren't in a rush) they told us to schedule a pick up.  Please remember that I am sharing this with you guys because I believe so much in the saying 'sharing is caring'.  Please be mindful of your language and respect those who will call or message you about your orders.  Also note that some items might NOT be available - so manage your expectations.   They're a full functioning

#CookingQuest: Winter Melon Soup ala Didi #EnhancedCommunity

One of the things that gets ooohs and aaaahs in a chinese restaurant is the #WinterMelonSoup.   You may ask why?  Well because with this soup, restaurants use the winter melon itself as a huge bowl to serve the soup!  It's a sight to see as you'll be amazed how they were able to pull it off.  You'll see the whole winter melon, and then suddenly they're take out the top part and when you peek in, the soup is inside together with meat bits and other veggies!  My mom has tried it at home, and I remember her being nervous that the winter melon doesn't break apart, kunde sira ang presentation! So during this #EnhancedCommunityQuarantine, I chanced upon Theo's Farm that they have winter melon, so I ordered.  When I saw it - I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off the carving and serving the winter melon.  It actually made the preparation easier.  I had to ask my mom, and she told me to steam the winter melon to soften it.  Honestly, I don't think I can w